Hans-Dieter Flick

Hansi Flick - how do we rate him?

• Total voters

Joan

Constant shame throwing was one of Xavi’s poor traits. Even when he was right. Publicly throwing players or the club under the bus serves no purpose but to make Xavi feel better about himself. And here I don’t include him saying we’re in a bad financial spot, fans need to be aware of that.

But taking blame, at least in public, even when it’s not your fault is a part of the job. Not just for coaches.

You can’t go around blaming your subordinates when your collaborative efforts fail. Technically possible, just not for long.

companyofcules

Does it really matter in this case? So if he played as DM instead Vini would NOT have had 5 successful dribbles against him? Is that what you're saying?
Imagine Busquets as RB vs Mbappe. I will want a fast DM but him being bad as a RB isn't that alarming. Anyway I already proposed two guys for a DM job who have good defensive stats, I have mo horse here.

khaled_a_d

Does it really matter in this case? So if he played as DM instead Vini would NOT have had 5 successful dribbles against him? Is that what you're saying?

Could easily be the case,not every player is suited to defend equally good at same situation.
Although, I don't like the idea of Kimmich either, not for the rumoured salary. Anything more than 15M gross is way too much.

fergus90

Well yes, because he's not isolated 1 vs 1 with him in the middle of the pitch.

Vinicius to his credit has destroyed full time right backs this season too, including Couto who looks likely to end up back at City.

Although Barca have got to move away from signing 29-30+ year old players who either attract large transfer fees or big wages unless there is a real obvious need for the player, which in this case there isn't.

Messi983

He is already in Barcelona and contract termination of Xavi reportedly also close to done.

Expect official announcement soon.

Andresito

Staff member
Xavi and Flick at the Barca offices.

AAMZiQ.gif

Andresito

Staff member
Flick will earn €3m net, but there's a €1m bonus for winning the Champions League and a €750k bonus for winning La Liga. He signs for two seasons, as expected. @fansjavimiguel

Home of Barca Fans