Hans-Dieter Flick

Hansi Flick - how do we rate him?

• Total voters

mc_lovin

I understand German as well.
Why is it dull?
He shows in the screen what exactly they are doing wrong from a tactical pov, in two three sentences
that's as much time he has in the break to show them tactics
He's simply not very charismatic (unlike guys like Pep, Klopp...). Very similar to Xavi actually.

But I don't think these moments mean much. It's more bravado than anything real.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

The team talk is completely ok, he didnt insult the players but had the right degree of anger and explained what the team did wrong. What more can we expect from a coach??

I think mclovi's issue is that the players look lost and it looks like "er hat sie nicht in den Bann gezogen mit seiner Ansage" but for me it feels like the players are speechless because they dont know how they can be so crap, nothing to do with Flick 🤔

Birdy

He's simply not very charismatic (unlike guys like Pep, Klopp...). Very similar to Xavi actually.

But I don't think these moments mean much. It's more bravado than anything real.
Totally wrong

Xavi is actually charismatic in giving speeches and lectures
But really shitty in translating abstract concepts into actual tactical plans and instructions so that the players internalize them

Birdy

Birdy is also a german guy i knew it 😳
Nah, just know how to read and listen to German

The team talk is completely ok, he didnt insult the players but had the right degree of anger and explained what the team did wrong. What more can we expect from a coach??

I think mclovi's issue is that the players look lost and it looks like "er hat sie nicht in den Bann gezogen mit seiner Ansage" but for me it feels like the players are speechless because they dont know how they can be so crap, nothing to do with Flick 🤔

YES!
THIS

There is a 'right degree of anger' justified by the performance
which is always acceptable if you don't insult the players

Birdy

This is great as well

This is the next day of the defeat, where video analysis takes place.
Here he is not angry, and it's right to not be angry there, but making the players understand their mistakes
he also discusses with them, instead of merely talking (Xavi does that), and asks their own opinions to see what they didn't understand

mc_lovin

This is great as well

This is the next day of the defeat, where video analysis takes place.
Here he is not angry, and it's right to not be angry there, but making the players understand their mistakes
he also discusses with them, instead of merely talking (Xavi does that), and asks their own opinions to see what they didn't understand

You are really easy to impress by literally anything not named Xavi :lol:

jamrock

Germany really thought they had something special with flick when they signed on for that documentary.

fergus90

Flick tried to play expansive football with Germany and that was his downfall. It’s no good creating twenty chances a game but also conceding 15 in the process. Especially when two not so good results can leave you in serious danger of not getting out the groups.

Reality is conservative dull football quite often wins international tournaments. Deschamps for an example gets pelters for the football he serves up given the players at his disposal but is effective and they almost win each tournament they enter.

Home of Barca Fans