Hans-Dieter Flick

Hansi Flick - how do we rate him?

• Total voters

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Barca's last 10 coaches, sorted by win quota and average goal per game in the first 12 games:

flick-tore-pro-spiel-barcelona-trainer-innews-1729520452-151942.png

@Birdy The 1,33 of Xavi vs the 3,25 from Hansi :oops:

jamrock

Damn Flick is a better Coach than pep.

After 12 games

Not to mention Tata 😂.

That's one of those, don't post it kind of stats haha.

Last edited:

serghei

If Flick can do this vs big teams, he's gonna define an era I think.

Don't care to be the pessimistic one, but his grand total of big games vs serious opponents so far is 0. Monaco is probably the best team he faced, but the match got conditioned big time by the early red card.

SmilerBam

I was surprised to see we were 4th favourite for the UCL at the start of the competition, but I think that's about right now. Watching City over the weekend, I think we beat them fairly easily. Liverpool, despite the results, don't look as good going forward as they did under Klopp and are doing just enough to get their wins

QSG have suddenly become a team without a star player and look dangerous, but they just don't have the pedigree in the UCL against a competent big team. Indeed, we should have beaten them under Xavi.

That leaves Madrid and Bayern who are the main challengers. Madrid have a self esteem issue when it comes to Barca. Yes, they have won the last few meetings, but Barca have been a mess and they really should have put in a few humiliations. The only time was when we practically had a reserve XI out in the 0-4.
When both teams are playing well, there is only one winner.

Bayern will be the biggest test, purely because mentally they have the psychological edge over us. Olise has revitalised their attack like Olmo has ours. The teams are very closely matched with the big differences being their goalkeeper and our manager.

People will accuse me of being overly optimistic again, but remember there is still Gavi, Araujo, Christensen, Olmo, Fermin, Tec to come in to this team. That depth coming off the bench will help tremendously.
I don't think this team is ready yet to challenge for the CL..And no, we won't beat City or Bayern. Real have a better team still than us, altho our potential is higher. Let s see how we play this week against the big boys and then we'll make a judgement. But surely this team is exciting and sky should be the limit in the future.

KingLeo10

Aaaaahhhhh, so now the squad is good enough to compete to win the CL!

What changed from a few months ago, may I ask?
The main change is Hansi, but to be fair, Lamine went up a whole level over the Euros.

Hansi's found a great role for Raphinha though and made Lewa useful again.

serghei

Aaaaahhhhh, so now the squad is good enough to compete to win the CL!

What changed from a few months ago, may I ask?
We competed for CL last season mate. I don't mean as a favorite, but with a bit of luck we could have played the final. Now we are more experienced and when the quarterfinals come I hope we won't make the same individual blunders.

We can compete for sure. Winning it is a different story. It is not THAT hard, you just need to go step by step and gain experience at playing big games.

If you look at it, with each season we did better. 21-22 shite and trashed by Benfica, 22-23, better, unlucky to not go through in the toughest group of the last 5 seasons. Last season, won the group and came close to the semis. Next step is reaching the top 4. If not this season, the next we will probably manage to do that.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans