Hansi Flick

Hansi Flick - how do we rate him?

• Total voters

El Ilusionista

I was reading an interview with one of his assistants. He claimed the staff re watched most of our CL failures past decade and they came to the conclusion we were way behind on the physical aspect compared to the giants in Europe.

In 4 games already we seem much more fit haven’t seen Barca such physical shape in a very long time. Theres still enough left in the tank by minute 80, that was very different under Xavi.

I think the scheme is completely different, almost polar opposite ideas of the game in terms of build up, speed of ball movement, positional freedom etc.
I doubt that. Flick can do that because the players know how to position. That is how he could build Bayern 19/20 - he had the Pep players in the axis. That is why he could rebuild and could make his changes so fast without any preparations. We had problems when they were substituted. That his football is different - yes. But the positioning is important. Yes, we had Covid and the break in between - but the changes have been there before. The Covid only helped us to have Lewy back as he got injured 2 weeks before the Covid break. But even with Zirkzee or Müller as striker we functioned then.

ajnotkeith

I doubt that. Flick can do that because the players know how to position. That is how he could build Bayern 19/20 - he had the Pep players in the axis. That is why he could rebuild and could make his changes so fast without any preparations. We had problems when they were substituted. That his football is different - yes. But the positioning is important.
If you watched Barca under Xavi, you would get what I mean. The positioning can still be important, but there is a lot more freedom to move.

Players weren't really allowed to move much from their starting positions under Xavi, absolute positional play cone-like system.

serghei

Based on this start, and the team clicking as well, it's likely that the German NT had their own amigos going on stinking the place, and their fiasco is not on Flick.

serghei

It's gonna be important to see how he deals with the first bad run of games. Those always happen during the season, especially in a club with various issues like ours.

It is very important when that dip happens to find a way to get the 3pts no matter how. Even if the game and the entertainment factor suffer. That is gonna be key in our challenge to get the league title this season.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Based on this start, and the team clicking as well, it's likely that the German NT had their own amigos going on stinking the place, and their fiasco is not on Flick.

Or that Flick's absence from management for 10 months and the terrible performances made him re-think his approach and some of the things he did.

Home of Barca Fans