Hansi Flick

Hansi Flick - how do we rate him?

• Total voters

serghei

Sure man, but we all know why that happened. It's not much of a choice, but more of making way with the hand you've been dealt by the previous disaster of a board and trying to hold it together. Which we've done plenty of.

jamrock

One problem I've with current team, and Barca since Covid, is that they accommodate too much for La Masia, and a bit too early.
Back during Laporta first stint, a player like Messi had Giuly ahead of him, but he forced himself on the team by being so good.

The same happened with Busquets, Pedro, hell even Iniesta had many players ahead of him. We gave them the chance and they were able to "force" themselves on the team. We didn't just open things up for them and threw them to the sharks.

Right now, we just build a thin squad and ask La Masia to fill the gaps, even if they aren't that ready or really young. Maybe only Cubarsi and Lamine had players in their positions but they were too good to ignore for the coaches.

Maybe I am a bit too conservative old head (in football terms) for this strategy, but I actually think that filling those gaps can be useful even for the La Masia kids.

Sure, Mbakke and Martin aren't that young and may prove useful, Fort has talent, but I doubt it will be ideal to have more than 1 of those here.

I agree with your point, in a different world, these players would be integrated more slowly and would have to "win" their starting spot.

I'm not saying anything new here, but what's happening now is largely out of necessity.

Now that they have proved themselves, it's hard to turn the clock back, but going forward the club has to let younger talents know, that what's been happening is the exception not the rule.

khaled_a_d

Sure man, but we all know why that happened. It's not much of a choice, but more of making way with the hand you've been dealt by the previous disaster of a board and trying to hold it together. Which we've done plenty of.

I know, that is why I said when we have funds, that is the first thing I want them to address.

companyofcules

I think it's pretty clear that the games vs Inter were key to advancing in the CL in that season. The team failed that year, but last year the club came back and got very close to a CL semifinal and potentially a final.

You need experience to go far in CL, and the team improved on this under Xavi no doubt. Last season it was the best CL run since 2019 by a distance.

I think now Flick can get us an extra step further. He seems up for it. All I see from Flick so far are great signs that he can build more over what Xavi did in his 2 full seasons. It is all about continuing the path forward.

At the moment Xavi got signed, the team was horrible in CL, trashed by Benfica, and even more horrible domestically, at the middle of the pack, on 9th place in La Liga. The situation now is much much improved.

Flick took over a team that shortly before was crowned champions of Spain, and CL quarterfinalists, one step into the semis before an idiotic red card. It's night and day.

It seems Laporta is doing a very good job. Appointed and sacked Xavi at the right moment, and if he got the successor spot on in Flick, this team is going places. If money come back... sky is the limit.
Saved by Felix and Cancelo against his will, the luckiest draw in decades for the second half. Dead Napoli (lucky they missed sitters), dead PSG with some talent (lucky with Donnarumma and their defense).
Failed to play Fort on the left who was more suited for his tactics, failed to build a working attack, saved by his citizenship

serghei

I know, that is why I said when we have funds, that is the first thing I want them to address.

So, instead of signing a starting DM, you'd rather spend our funds on back-ups? Those are important, but not as important as fixing the holes in the first 11.

I'd prioritize a DM next summer and a solid 9 to replace Lewa in 2026. Both are gonna be quite expensive. If there are still funds left in those windows, sure, signing some back-ups to round the squad is well advised.

khaled_a_d

So, instead of signing a starting DM, you'd rather spend our funds on back-ups? Those are important, but not as important as fixing the holes in the first 11.

I'd prioritize a DM next summer and a solid 9 to replace Lewa in 2026. Both are gonna be quite expensive. If there are still funds left in those windows, sure, signing some back-ups to round the squad is well advised.

Yes, I will prioritise them over those for sure, unless there is a clear cut solution for one of those positions.
Not the Zubimendi of the world, who will just be solid at best.

frog-fcb

Felix is whatever, but Cancelo was a decent player and we would have liked to have him now given the situation at fullback. I'm sure we would have tried a loan if we could.

Then Gundogan is of course a great player.
There is no doubting gundo is still a great player but maybe just not fully right for flicks system and especially with an aging lewa leading the line

Birdy

Xavi apologists and fanboys still pollute this forum with their nauseating propaganda.
They haven't learned yet, have they?

Let's see how many Flick games it will take for them to get the gist and shut their loud apologist mouths up

KingLeo10

Xavi apologists and fanboys still pollute this forum with their nauseating propaganda.
They haven't learned yet, have they?

Let's see how many Flick games it will take for them to get the gist and shut their loud apologist mouths up

:lol: :lol: Xavi is a top 3 Barca legend ever and you're acting like we should be crucifying him months after he was already sacked lol

Everybody has been supporting Flick for the last 4 games and he's showed a great level so far...but IT'S 4 GAMES.

jamrock

One thing I will say for sure, is those of us who appreciated that xavi came in at a difficult moment and helped us in your journey back to where we rightfully belong on the football pecking order.

Will for SURE, not be actively rooting against flick or wanting him to fail, like many of the xavi haters here did.

Birdy

One thing I will say for sure, is those of us who appreciated that xavi came in at a difficult moment and helped us in your journey back to where we rightfully belong on the football pecking order.

Will for SURE, not be actively rooting against flick or wanting him to fail, like many of the xavi haters here did.

"xavi came in at a difficult moment" is another whitewashing fairytale that his apologist, and he himself with his toxic narcissist entitled attitude, have been trying to push

This dumbass was given 200m in levers to splash on players of his own liking, and misused our only important money during difficult times. Only for that, he lost every 'difficult times' kind of excuse

Besides, almost every coach in the world craves for the Barca job, difficult finances or not. That should never be an excuse for a serious coach

:lol: :lol: Xavi is a top 3 Barca legend ever and you're acting like we should be crucifying him months after he was already sacked lol

Everybody has been supporting Flick for the last 4 games and he's showed a great level so far...but IT'S 4 GAMES.

The problem is that folk like yourself, despite not belonging firmly to the apologist camp, legitimize their agenda, by barricading behind the "Xavi is a legend" excuse

No mate, Xavi is a legend as a player.
That never gave him the right or authority of overstepping boundaries in other domains.
He had leeway and trust no other Barca coach enjoyed, and which he never deserved.

A ruthless and serious president, instead of Fatporta who acts on his whims, would have sacked him already after a year or a year and a half, of course a serous president would have never hired him in the first place as he didn't have the credentials

Home of Barca Fans