Hansi Flick

Hansi Flick - how do we rate him?

• Total voters

jamrock

I don't think we improved. The team is about the same, quality wise. If we make another signing yes.
Okay, I think Olmo improves us, if it's even from a squad prospective, that's 1 extra quality player we have that can find solutions in the attacking 3rd, we don't fall off a cliff in quality in that position anymore, if everyone is fit.

Plus balde will be back.

FinBarcelonafan

Even if he does reasonably well.. if Klopp or another high profile coach says they would take it can see Flick dunted for them.

Which while harsh.. would be ruthless and correct decision.
We have to see this season first though. You don't fire him midseason if doing well. Yes boot him if he struggles.

To me, it looks like this team isn't built for Flick right now. The players don't suit his style, as we saw vs Monaco. We don't have the physical edge which is needed..

We need way more quickness, strength to this team.

The Bayern team he won it all, was super explosive. Just human machines. Physical beasts in one or other ways.

serghei

Okay, I think Olmo improves us, if it's even from a squad prospective, that's 1 extra quality player we have that can find solutions in the attacking 3rd, we don't fall off a cliff in quality in that position anymore, if everyone is fit.

Plus balde will be back.

Olmo improves us, but the older players are even older this season. So in the end... you win some points in some area, lose some in other area.

Especially Gavi and partly Balde back is a plus, I agree. But then Balde was poor before injury compared to his initial form. Let's see how he plays first before we consider him being back a great plus.

JamDav1982

We have to see this season first though. You don't fire him midseason if doing well. Yes boot him if he struggles.

To me, it looks like this team isn't built for Flick right now. The players don't suit his style, as we saw vs Monaco. We don't have the physical edge which is needed..

We need way more quickness, strength to this team.

Aye not midseason.. next summer.

Cant gauge too much v Monaco as frustrating as it was at time.

The midfield three is three who have at least 4 others ahead of them when fit for example.

The CBs were not much better.

jamrock

Olmo improves us, but the older players are even older this season. So in the end... you win some points in some area, lose some in other area.

Especially Gavi and partly Balde back is a plus, I agree. But then Balde was poor before injury compared to his initial form. Let's see how he plays first before we consider him being back a great plus.

Plus we will have a fit gavi this season and hopefully pedri and de jong as well.

Mats is not the best, but he's better than Pena, no 5-10 league games with him in goal.

That's a lot more than Xavi had to work with last season (not trying to start a Xavi vs flick debate.

We could in theory not even start gundogan next, that won't happen he's class, but if everyone is fit, he'll certainly be rotated more.

Only major issue is if we can squeeze out 1 more solid season from lewa.

JamDav1982

Olmo for me definitely improves the squad.

Probably the best LW and AM have now.

Fitness issues aside but at least he is in a position can rotate a bit should that be an issue.

Still need pace big time but that aside Olmo should help a lot.

FinBarcelonafan

Olmo for me definitely improves the squad.

Probably the best LW and AM have now.

Fitness issues aside but at least he is in a position can rotate a bit should that be an issue.

Still need pace big time but that aside Olmo should help a lot.
Looking at the lineup now, yes a massive upgrade.

We need Pedri, Gavi, DeJong and heck even Fermin back asap..

Home of Barca Fans