Hansi Flick

Hansi Flick - how do we rate him?

• Total voters

serghei

The 12 point reference is hypothetically assuming that Barca could win both games

Yeah, but the discussion is already set-up for the scenario in which we lose h2h vs Madrid. The point penalty is 6. We win 7 more points than them outside of Clasicos, we get the title.

If they are not complacent, it's very tough to get those points back in other games, if they are complacent, it can be easier. It depends on what their level will be, if they can be arsed to show up every week.

Of course, losing both games vs Madrid is worst case scenario.

JamDav1982

But applies to every 2 playrounds. We never referred to those as potential 12 point swing either.

Refer to it however you please.

Same as when teams going for title or battling relegation are called 'six pointer's and it is two teams in direct competition.

JamDav1982

Yeah, but the discussion is already set-up for the scenario in which we lose h2h vs Madrid. The point penalty is 6. We win 7 more points than them outside of Clasicos, we get the title.

As said the difference of what Barca could have to make up on Real could be as high 12 points purely by results of those games.

And vice versa.

ajnotkeith

But applies to every 2 playrounds. We never referred to those as potential 12 point swing either.
It's only relevant when you are directly competing with the same team for the place. If we lose 2 games to Granada it isn't a 12 pointer as how many points they gain doesn't affect our target.

Madrid's point tally is directly connected with ours and affects us competing for the title so that is why the points count on both sides in those cases.

serghei

As said the difference of what Barca could have to make up on Real could be as high 12 points purely by results of those games.

And vice versa.

Yes, I understand what you are aiming at. But I was referring to the amount of points you need to get back in the other games if you lose both matches vs Madrid. In that sense, it's not 12 points.

As said, it has happened before for a team to be able to recover lost points in h2h vs direct rival for the league. Many examples really, it's not such a rarity, even though a championship winner does tend to have h2h superiority over 2nd place more often than not.

JamDav1982

Yes, I understand what you are aiming at. But I was referring to the amount of points you need to get back in the other games if you lose both matches vs Madrid. In that sense, it's not 12 points.

It is if you consider the difference in the two if Barca won both.

From 6 points behind to 6 points ahead.

Anway the games will be huge for more than just the points. Real are going to be flying and denting their momentum can have impacts also on other games potentially.

serghei

It's only relevant when you are directly competing with the same team for the place. If we lose 2 games to Granada it isn't a 12 pointer as how many points they gain doesn't affect our target.

Madrid's point tally is directly connected with ours and affects us competing for the title so that is why the points count on both sides in those cases.

Which is why obviously losing both games vs your direct rival is going to hamper your chances for the title. To make up for the loss, you need the rival to be complacent in the other matches and for you to be extremely efficient.

Messigician

I know it's only friendlies but gotta say the matches against Milan and Monaco really showed what i think most people fear about this dude: Suicidal defensive tactics and high lines that leave us completely exposed.

We'll see what it looks like vs Valenica this weekend. Wouldn't be surprised at all if we see the same.
Yup

BJJ

False.

He needs time.

Clowns like Iniestagoat and Serghei were still riding Xavi after all the shitshows.
He needs time and hopefully the players respond.
We have Pedri, Araujo, Gavi and De Jong out. That's 4 starters. Others went to the Euros or Olympics. Flick didn't have time with the players. Its bad luck. People were overlooking Xavis shit all the time, not to mention his excuses and constant whining on the touchline.
How many yellows and reds did he get?
Give Flick a chance.

Maradona37

Hate to say it lads as I really prefer Barca to Real and want you to win the league.

I voted neutral, but I lean more to the fraud side. I think his great Bayern season was a perfect storm never to be repeated and his Germany NT spell is the real him.

Too many red flags from what I have read about his tactics and love for Lewa.

iniestaGOAT

False.

He needs time.

Clowns like Iniestagoat and Serghei were still riding Xavi after all the shitshows.
He needs time and hopefully the players respond.
We have Pedri, Araujo, Gavi and De Jong out. That's 4 starters. Others went to the Euros or Olympics. Flick didn't have time with the players. Its bad luck. People were overlooking Xavis shit all the time, not to mention his excuses and constant whining on the touchline.
How many yellows and reds did he get?
Give Flick a chance.

Fool. Despite all your whining and crying for over 2 years.
XAVI actually won.
Can't say the same about this guy.
The fan base has already given up and started making excuses.

This is a new low for a club like BARCELONA.

Flick plays by the same rules. WIN OR GO HOME.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
I don't think we will struggle in LaLiga. Even when we were shit we used to do decent.
We should be Top3 easily. If we gel well and Hansi is a good enough coach we should be in contention for the Title.
Despite our shortcomings, we have a good enough squad, with plenty of rotation we should be fresh during the crucial end of the season.

I am more looking towards how we do in Cups.

iniestaGOAT

I don't think we will struggle in LaLiga. Even when we were shit we used to do decent.
We should be Top3 easily. If we gel well and Hansi is a good enough coach we should be in contention for the Title.
Despite our shortcomings, we have a good enough squad, with plenty of rotation we should be fresh during the crucial end of the season.

I am more looking towards how we do in Cups.

You mean UCL?
Cause cups? What the hell are you talking about?
we aren't interested in cups bro.

We all know we are losing 3-0 to some random team the way FLICK plays.

Home of Barca Fans