Hector Bellerin

Messi983

I think it's too quick to fairly judge Robert's job. Let's see first what he'll do this summer and how players that he bought last summer will do under new coach in their second year at the club. But as already said in one of my previous posts I have more faith in Robert than I ever had in Zubi or Txiki.

khaled_a_d

Yeah and they got rid of him because of the FIFA transfer ban. That means at least he was active on the market with youngsters.:lol:

Among the three directors of football Barca had in recent times, Robert Fernandez is the least succesful one. Zubi's signings bore fruit after he was sacked, I'm not sure Robert's will ever produce any result though, except for Samuel Umtiti.

Zubi wasn't fired because of the ban but because of results and frustrations of the fans,some say Lucho was actually close from showing the door after him too.
Zubi job was signing players for both 1st team and B team,other parts of the academy isn't his job. R.Fernandez is for 1st team only although I think he plays a role in some senior signings for Barca B

I think it's too quick to fairly judge Robert's job. Let's see first what he'll do this summer and how players that he bought last summer will do under new coach in their second year at the club. But as already said in one of my previous posts I have more faith in Robert than I ever had in Zubi or Txiki.

I don't know man,but Txiki was one of the best thing that happened to the club to be honest,very competent sporting director to say at least and played a huge part in rebuilding this club. Even most of his mistakes was forced by his coaches (Chygrynsky,Caceres,Ibra,Gudjohnsen)

Windhook

Zubi wasn't fired because of the ban but because of results and frustrations of the fans,some say Lucho was actually close from showing the door after him too.

I think we are both just guessing, mate. What I think is both what you and I said - for transfer mistakes and the FIFA ban. All I remember is that Zubi was sacked just days after the ban was not overturned by Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS). But fan frustration is of no importance here, the board decides. Robert Fernandez is still on salary at the club, you know... :D

khaled_a_d

I think we are both just guessing, mate. What I think is both what you and I said - for transfer mistakes and the FIFA ban. All I remember is that Zubi was sacked just days after the ban was not overturned by Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS). But fan frustration is of no importance here, the board decides. Robert Fernandez is still on salary at the club, you know... :D

Zubi was fired next day after Anoeta and 6 days after Ban,but as I said he had absolutely nothing to do with the ban since he had zero involvement in signings below Barca B.
As for frustration, fans disliked Zubi since not signing CB in 2012,then not winning anything in 2014 and team looking to head into winning nothing after Anoeta (how ironic :lol:) lead to way more frustration about the guy. Nothing comparable to current situation

Windhook

then not winning anything in 2014 and team looking to head into winning nothing after Anoeta (how ironic :lol:) lead to way more frustration about the guy. Nothing comparable to current situation

I didn't mean Zubi caused the FIFA ban. My lol emoticon in the previous post was to underline the irony. What cost Zubi his job was, at that point in January, the ineffective MSN trio for which the club paid almost 200m to assemble. Also as you said the missing CB and the charity money we gave Arsene Wenger for two of his players - Song and Vermaelen, almost 40m. The ban and Anoeta just came in the perfect moment for the board to get rid of him.:lol:

Robert is no different at the moment, he spent 120m last summer on backup players, of which at the moment about 100m are "fantastic" investment.

God Serena

Why would Zubi be fired for MSN being ineffective? That makes no sense at all.

It probably had a lot more to do with Zubi coming out and making a verbal statement against Barto or whoever when we lost to La Real. Elections were called right around that same time because of unrest.

gerard10

Hi guys, I read u a week ago more or less and I would like to give my opinion. (Sorry for my English, I'm from Barcelona and maybe it's not great :unsure: )

Zubi was requested by Pep to continue in the team, mainly to be the link between him and the board (Their relationship was always awful). After Pep left (and Tito later), Zubi was in a difficult place because his supporters were out. The board started making awful decisions like the horrible way to sign Neymar, for example. After Tata Martino's year we need rebuild the team and, at least in Barcelona, the board was linked to the best signings (Suárez and Rakitic) and Zubi to the others. There was lot of joke on Zubi to sign Douglas, for example, but... Does anyone think Zubi and Luis Enrique were in love with Douglas? No way, probably they didn't know him and it was really a move from the board to "pay" more in Neymar's father scouting company. Or the Vermaelen's signing... I strongly believe that the board told Arsenal: Hey, give us 42M€ for Alexis and we buy you Vermaelen for 18M and we can say that we are selling expensive and buying an "immediate performance" CB.

After that summer, Zubi was highly criticized from fans and media (which are at the service of the board, but... this is another topic) and after Anoeta, like [MENTION=20420]God Serena[/MENTION] said, Zubi expressed his opinion about Barto and he was fired. I am not Zubi's biggest fan, but I believe that he was used as a doll by the board.

xXKonan

img_dsalvador_20170518-001352_imagenes_md_otras_fuentes_portada_18.jpg

Says Bellerin's signing will depend if Arsenal miss out on the Champions league. If they do miss out, he will likely join and his price will be lower due to it.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Sorry Liverpool fans, I'm really sorry, but I hope you choke.

1. It might mean that Bellerin won't come at any price.

2. Coutinho might be more open to move and perhaps we could negotiate his fee down a little bit. But for that, we'll have to sign another midfielder like Seri or of that profile.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
Yea just saw his some of his highlight videos on youtube and he doesn't even look good in them, bad technique and low football IQ.

Home of Barca Fans