Hector Bellerin

Messi983

Zubi's only high profile success story is Suarez(+ perhaps Raki), and the only reason he even signed him was because his first choice Aguero wasn't available :lol:

Masche, Villa, Alba, MATS? I'll even dare to say Alexis because he was good here for 3 seasons and then Zubi was even able to sell him for more than what we paid for him (which is not something we usually do).

Last edited:

Devils

His agent confirmed that Bellerin has been receiving interest and offers from other clubs, but Barca wasn't one of them.

:blessed:

God Serena

Masche, Villa, Alba, MATS? I'll even dare to say Alexis because he was good here for 3 seasons and then Zubi was even able to sell him for more than what we paid for him (which is not something we usually do).

Alexis was good for one season and one season only. Before that he was just awful...

khaled_a_d

Belerin rumor always seemed unreal tbh, it seemed it is based on our history rather than anything else

I think Villa was signed by Txiki before the elections,Sanchez was solid in his 1st year,gr8 in his last and awful in his 2nd.
He also signed Bravo,and technically Neymar was signed during his reign

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

I'll give him Masche.

Villa we would have signed earlier. Txiki wanted to sign him, but Pep insisted on Zlatan IIRC, and as khaled said above he might have been signed before Rosell took over, cannot remember. Alba was obvious due to the need for a LB and since he was in La Masia.

I think Villa was signed by Txiki before the elections,Sanchez was solid in his 1st year,gr8 in his last and awful in his 2nd.

Bravo was signed on Unzue's recommendation and Neymar was more like Rosell's project. I'm not sure Zubi should be given credit for signing them. In Bravo's case he might be given credit for letting it happen. In Neymar's case it would have happened regardless of who was in that position.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Yeah,I understand Neymar situation. Just saying what it is
But regarding Bravo,a sporting director should work with his coach,if you are gonna blame R.Fernandez on signing Gomes (Lucho choice) or Zubi for Cesc (Pep choice) then you gotta give Zubi -partially- credit to Bravo signing. It should goes both ways.
And there is nothing like an obvious choice,we have been following Alba b4 anyone else knew about him. I doubt if he wasn't La Masia we wouldn't have gone for him,it was just a marketing thing to mention he is from La Masis just like Vidal

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yeah,I understand Neymar situation. Just saying what it is
But regarding Bravo,a sporting director should work with his coach,if you are gonna blame R.Fernandez on signing Gomes (Lucho choice) or Zubi for Cesc (Pep choice) then you gotta give Zubi -partially- credit to Bravo signing. It should goes both ways.
And there is nothing like an obvious choice,we have been following Alba b4 anyone else knew about him. I doubt if he wasn't La Masia we wouldn't have gone for him,it was just a marketing thing to mention he is from La Masis just like Vidal

Sure, said he deserves credit for being on board with the Bravo signing.

IIRC, we were linked to Alba a year before we signed him, but it made more sense to sign a year later. Obvious? I think it is so. Just like it would be obvious if we try to sign Bellerin this summer. I think it obviously helped that Alba was a former academy player. If there's a list of three top LB talents in Spain or even in the World, how often do you think Barca would go for the La Masia graduate?

My guess is 8/10 times.

khaled_a_d

Sure, said he deserves credit for being on board with the Bravo signing.

IIRC, we were linked to Alba a year before we signed him, but it made more sense to sign a year later. Obvious? I think it is so. Just like it would be obvious if we try to sign Bellerin this summer. I think it obviously helped that Alba was a former academy player. If there's a list of three top LB talents in Spain or even in the World, how often do you think Barca would go for the La Masia graduate?

My guess is 8/10 times.

Alba linked to us first in September 2011,as the next LB in case we decided to move on from Abidal with his health issue (he was just coming from his treatment IIRC)
I didn't we would choice other player over La Masia,what I said if he wasn't from La Masia we wouldn't have cared and still signed him. Zubi deserves all credit for signing a player like him and spotting him early and getting him early with good price (if we waited after Euro it would have been way more difficult)

Messi983

I've checked and you're right about Villa, he was signed by Txiki.

navidjaan

Txiki wasted an incredible amount of money too, but compared to Zubi he had some amazing success stories as well.

Zubi's only high profile success story is Suarez(+ perhaps Raki), and the only reason he even signed him was because his first choice Aguero wasn't available :lol:

If Robert actually goes ahead and signs Hector for 40m+, then he's lost his mind. Really, lost it. Not just because he had a bad season and isn't as good on the ball as you'd like him here, but also because he's due an ankle surgery this summer.

Zubi was the main man behind MAtS, and Alba was a good signing too for just 12M.

Windhook

Zubi was the main man behind MAtS, and Alba was a good signing too for just 12M.

Yeah and they got rid of him because of the FIFA transfer ban. That means at least he was active on the market with youngsters.:lol:

Among the three directors of football Barca had in recent times, Robert Fernandez is the least succesful one. Zubi's signings bore fruit after he was sacked, I'm not sure Robert's will ever produce any result though, except for Samuel Umtiti.

Home of Barca Fans