Hector Bellerin

navidjaan

The reason behind having a director of sports is to have someone take overall care of scouting, transfers and contracts. Of course it's with help and coordination from the coach, but it's not like Lucho is Robert's boss.

Devils

Yeah and apparently Robert was there to watch him lmao.

He's being benched for Arsenal these days yet is the number 1 target for the starting RB position at Barca.:hooray:

JamDav1982

Have been as harsh as anyone on him and still thinks he lacks a lot of things BUT if signed for a reasonable enough price would take the gamble that he develops...

Wouldnt be chasing him all summer and paying big money though.

xXKonan

I think he's not playing much recently is because of his ankle problems. He's supposedly going to have surgery on it this summer.

Falcao

Perfect time for you to sign him now that they have switched to 3-5-2 and Oxlade-Chamberlain seems to have found his calling as a right wingback, leaving Bellerin on the bench.

Don't think he's anything special but you need a RB.

JamDav1982

Perfect time for you to sign him now that they have switched to 3-5-2 and Oxlade-Chamberlain seems to have found his calling as a right wingback, leaving Bellerin on the bench.

Don't think he's anything special but you need a RB.

Wenger has hinted that 3-5-2 wont be long term and that he sees Ox as a centre mid in future.

If they sell Bellerin they will buy another RB.

Falcao

Wenger has hinted that 3-5-2 wont be long term and that he sees Ox as a centre mid in future.

If they sell Bellerin they will buy another RB.

Perhaps but I'm not so sure that Wenger will be quick to discard it and this formation is now in fashion in the league. As for Ox he's been talked about for years but I doubt Wenger will give him much of a chance to develop in CM next season with Xhaka looking to kick on, Ramsey, Cazorla back and possibly Wilshere too. Ox looks well suited as a wingback because not only can he bomb up and down but is an excellent crosser of the ball.

Messi983

The reason behind having a director of sports is to have someone take overall care of scouting, transfers and contracts. Of course it's with help and coordination from the coach, but it's not like Lucho is Robert's boss.

In theory Robert should be Lucho's boss. In reality they work together. But in the end it's Lucho's decision who plays. It was his decision to not buy a RB last summer because he thought Roberto could be our next RB (he even called him the best RB for Barça or something like that; well, to be fair after his good start of the season most fans thought he could really be our longterm RB), it was his decision to ignore Vidal and Palencia after he was proven wrong,...it was his decision to play no midfield tactics that made even our proven midfielders like Busi, Iniesta and Rakitić looked lost let alone newly brought players like Gomes and Denis who were mostly criticised.

SD can buy players he wants and that might be a better fit for the team (let's say players that have Barça DNA) but if coach won't use them then whose fault that would be? We would just throw money out of the window for players that SD likes but coach don't need/want. That's why I think coaches should always have final word on all important (I'm not talking about squad players/youngsters here, that should be up to scouts and SD to discover and bring them either direct to first team or to Barça B/La Masia) players they want (that fit their system/vision) and they should be responsible if those players work out or not. And I think most of our coaches had a posibility to get at least one player they wish. Some of them were good, others not. Pep got Chygrinsky and Ibra, Tito got Song, Lucho got Arda,... It's hard to blame just SD if he's buying players that his coach wants to have. Would you also blame your boss if he'd buy you a car you wanted but then you would find out you can't drive him?

Robert didn't choose Lucho as our coach. I also don't think he had anything to do with Arda and Vidal transfers so we can really only judge him for what he's done last summer. Overall I think he did a solid job. I like preference for younger players he has shown but this summer will ultimately make or break his destiny as our SD and most likely clubs short to mid term future. Personally I have more faith in him than I had in Zubi or Txiki. But he'll also have tougher job to do because we can't rely on our golden generation that was more or less able to mask some of our bad transfers in previous years anymore.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Txiki wasted an incredible amount of money too, but compared to Zubi he had some amazing success stories as well.

Zubi's only high profile success story is Suarez(+ perhaps Raki), and the only reason he even signed him was because his first choice Aguero wasn't available :lol:

If Robert actually goes ahead and signs Hector for 40m+, then he's lost his mind. Really, lost it. Not just because he had a bad season and isn't as good on the ball as you'd like him here, but also because he's due an ankle surgery this summer.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Txiki wasted an incredible amount of money too, but compared to Zubi he had some amazing success stories as well.

Zubi's only high profile success story is Suarez(+ perhaps Raki), and the only reason he even signed him was because his first choice Aguero wasn't available :lol:

If Robert actually goes ahead and signs Hector for 40m+, then he's lost his mind. Really, lost it. Not just because he had a bad season and isn't as good on the ball as you'd like him here, but also because he's due an ankle surgery this summer.
I think at least in this case there's a big chance the Board is the one pushing for Bellerin the most. Even Robert admitted he didn't want to spend big money on bringing back former La Masia players.

I mean he's young and he's Catalan and a former La Masia player and he is a starter for one of the biggest teams in the world and that's pretty much enough for the Board/Sporting department sanction a move.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think at least in this case there's a big chance the Board is the one pushing for Bellerin the most. Even Robert admitted he didn't want to spend big money on bringing back former La Masia players.

I mean he's young and he's Catalan and a former La Masia player and he is a starter for one of the biggest teams in the world and that's pretty much enough for the Board/Sporting department sanction a move.

Not unlikely.

All of it would fall on Robert if it fails though, so he should get the fuck out of there in that case and let those fuckers take the fall for it if it doesn't work out.

No respect for people who succumb to such pressure either and take the fall for others' incompetence and fallacies.

More than the players, something fundamentally wrong with the leadership of this club and it's affecting it in other areas of it too.

Home of Barca Fans