Ibrahim Afellay

Banana-Rama

guys check out my thread in the suggestions forum, i hope you will support me, if enough of us complain then Raspberry will finally be removed permanently.......

soarq

So is Fabregas. And you surely remember Pep said lately there are players in the midfield that can play higher up the pitch. It's Iniesta. We will see him more often in forward this season. And it's a good thing, we could play some games Iniesta-Messi-Sanchez - every one of them can tear apart defence line in a single dribble. I have never something like that, a football team with such potential in the midfield and forward.

I'm a bit sorry for Afellay as it seems he won't get many minutes. On the other hand injuries happen. We'll see but right now I think he may leave next year.

LaMessiah

So is Fabregas. And you surely remember Pep said lately there are players in the midfield that can play higher up the pitch. It's Iniesta. We will see him more often in forward this season. And it's a good thing, we could play some games Iniesta-Messi-Sanchez - every one of them can tear apart defence line in a single dribble. I have never something like that, a football team with such potential in the midfield and forward.

I'm a bit sorry for Afellay as it seems he won't get many minutes. On the other hand injuries happen. We'll see but right now I think he may leave next year.

If Ibi can have an attitude like Keita, I think there will be a spot for him. He's a utility player, one who can play anywhere in attack and two midfield positions and keeps quality depth. If he wants more minutes and thinks he should be more of a prominent player, then I can see him wanting a move to Juventus or Roma or Tottenham but selling him this year would be a mistake, imo

LaMessiah

We could use the money for a CB though... how much would we get for him? 8-10m?

At the most, I'd say... if he plays well this year maybe tops at 15 next summer if someone really want him. It's a profit of 5-7M, not all that substantial.

Plus I have a feeling they're going to try and bring back Botia on the cheap if he has another good season.

soarq

Selling this year would be a mistake, obviously. We'll see what happens next year. If there are no injuries, he's only 6th in the queue.

Let's hold our horses, he was brought in for a reason and seems to be held in high regard.

Yes, so we could earn money on him in one or two years... I'm not saying it was the only reason but surely one of. He had only one year of valid contract left, we got him for €3m, his market value is €14m according to Transfermarkt. It was a bargain with a possibility to earn money in the future.

mobster_1930

I don't see Affelay succeeding in Barca. He's 25, that's not prospect or something and from what I have seen he is too much predictable, his play one-minded. If he is like this at 25, doubt he will get much better at the future. Barca should sell him.

Last edited:

mejji^

i think hes a nice backup, dont see a reason to sell him

i dont see him breaking the team morale because he doesnt play, he seems a nice guy

jlim632

I actually thought ibi had a excellent pre season. Too bad we have too many wingers and midfielders. Maybe we should sell him.

By the way, we still have hleb. :)

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Shame about the injury (Probably the heat/humidity contributed to it), he was playing well and getting plenty of opportunities

Home of Barca Fans