Ibrahim Afellay

Ender

Afellay had the best pass completion rate (96%) of all regular players in the qualification for this Euro #euro2012 [via @castrolfootball]

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
With Holland 90% out I hope he gets a rest before pre season.

90% - where did you get that number from?

Realistically, if the Dutch beat Portugal and Denmark loses to Germany, which by all likelihood will happen, the Netherlands and the Germans progress out of the group stages. And to be fair, the Portuguese aren't THAT good.

iced1776

Hate to say it but he was very poor today. A lot of it was tactical as the whole Dutch team is moving like a group of blind men, but his passing and his touch was awful.

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno

Realistically, if the Dutch beat Portugal and Denmark loses to Germany, which by all likelihood will happen, the Netherlands and the Germans progress out of the group stages. And to be fair, the Portuguese aren't THAT good.
:lol::lol::lol: who said they were good in the first place? well this is the game Holland should step up and I strongly believe they can earn 3 points against Portugal.

M

mitkoa7x

Germany will troll them and make a draw with Denmark. After Denmark get that point Holland can beat Portugal 100-0 but they still wont qualify. Also Portugal beating Holland is quite a plausible scenario as well.

kaisers0ze

Still havent seen a single top speed sprint since his recovery. I wonder if its still there.. it was the one big weapon he had on the flanks.

Totally of his game the 1st 2 matches. Fatigue i guess.

hellsangel1

I never considered him to be starter material as i never thought he was technically good. Barca should sell him and look to buy a central defender which is an area of need. Afellay doesn't bring anything to the table that Barca doesn't already have.

abual3bed1

I never considered him to be starter material as i never thought he was technically good. Barca should sell him and look to buy a central defender which is an area of need. Afellay doesn't bring anything to the table that Barca doesn't already have.

he brings depth.

Theconomist

Afellay isn't back to his pre injury form which is rather normal.

Should not start for Holland.
Neither should Robben.

4-2-3-1

Stek

Gregory Mathijsen Heitigan Jetro

Van Bommel De Jong

Van Der Vart Sneijder Hunterlaar

Persie

kaisers0ze

Afellay isn't back to his pre injury form which is rather normal.

Should not start for Holland.
Neither should Robben.

4-2-3-1

Stek

Gregory Mathijsen Heitigan Jetro

Van Bommel De Jong

Van Der Vart Sneijder Hunterlaar

Persie

Agreed, but v. Bommel needs to step up his game.. otherwise id still like to see Robben.

B

barcelonista

To be fair, van Bommel is 35 and semi-retired now while De Jong adds nothing to the game, except being a thug. The Dutch have pretty much the same problems Argentina have. A very good attack but lack of a proper, creative central midfielder and a lack of proper defenders. Mathijsen and Heitinga in central defense ... for real? Everton's and Malaga's centrebacks, coupled with an inexperienced 18 year old leftback from PSV, coupled with 35 year old van Bommel and De Jong in central midfield + RvP choking = Oranje 0 points.

Theconomist

To be fair, van Bommel is 35 and semi-retired now while De Jong adds nothing to the game, except being a thug. The Dutch have pretty much the same problems Argentina have. A very good attack but lack of a proper, creative central midfielder and a lack of proper defenders. Mathijsen and Heitinga in central defense ... for real? Everton's and Malaga's centrebacks, coupled with an inexperienced 18 year old leftback from PSV, coupled with 35 year old van Bommel and De Jong in central midfield + RvP choking = Oranje 0 points.

The inexperienced 18 year old left back is their best defender.

That guy is a beast. Watch out for him he's the next (better)Derenthe.

Home of Barca Fans