Ibrahim Afellay

Meitux

It's a perfect move for Ibi. Bundeliga is attractive, the language is not that different from Dutch, he'll be coached by his former manager and the Dutch generally do well in Bundesliga. His price will rise and we'll be selling him for much more than we'd get now.
im thinking like he is gonna reborn again like klaas jan huntelaar

jairzinho

I feel happu for the kid. He's 26 an it makes no sense rotting on the bench without the possibility of playing time. Its like being locked up without the possibility of parole.

SwiftGuyver

I like Ibi and hope he does well at Schalke, he deserves it after that horrible injury. He's a good player but not good enough to be a starter at Barca and he has the talent to be starting for a decent team somewhere else so it's the right move for him.

He should always be popular with Barca fans just for that beautiful assist to Messi in the game against Real.

DennyCrane

what a Sheepish personality this guy exudes. guy comes across as such a coward to me. Perhaps the pressure of playing at a clubs as huge as Barcelona, or the fear of losing the ball and no longer being trusted by his teammates etc.

I hope he can play without fear at Schalke and rediscover the form that earned him a move to Barca in the first place. They are a massive club too though so the pressure could get to him still.

Is this some kind of a bad joke ? He traded in his guarenteed starter position at PSV for an unsecure future with Barca; this is what you call a coward ? Did he get the minutes he deserved, did he get the benefit of the doubt like our catalan players, was he properly reintroduced after being out for nearly 8 months ? Guess that's why he "didn't cut it".

Also, if you don't like shy or sheepish players, you better watch your underachiever mid-table Newcastle, built around real gangsters like Ben Arfa.

It's a perfect move for Ibi. Bundeliga is attractive, the language is not that different from Dutch, he'll be coached by his former manager and the Dutch generally do well in Bundesliga. His price will rise and we'll be selling him for much more than we'd get now.
Plus he has a NT teammate there.

Theconomist

He did get a lot of chances. I remember a game where he started after his injury, he was so bad Pep subed him at half time. Pep almost never does that. He simply wasn't
Good enough.

I really wanted him to thrive here but it didn't happen. Good luck to him.

Meitux

anyway even if he wasnt injured again he is not for barcelona,and generally for me he is not a good player he has nothing special

Last edited:

kaisers0ze

Faroe Islands................................................ :lol:

Barca B would beat them 6-0

Faroe Islands? Who said anything about faroe Islands.

It was an amateur team Schalke played though.

Im not a Schalke fan anyhow but i bet theyd put Newcastle to bed very fast. Ow and.. Ben Arfa is a shitty player ;).

Home of Barca Fans