Ibrahim Afellay

ShandyFFM

Perhaps someone can help me out with this. Im searching for the goal Messi scored at the Bernabeu the 0:2 run but especially the video where you see Afellay applauding for Messi and pay tribute to him because of his run.

This is his reaction after the first goal but im searching for his reaction after the second.

squad001-rm-uclbujm.gif

Last edited:

Darko

You just notice how good every single Barca player is when players like Afellay have no chance to make it into the starting lineup. Its insane a player like Afellay has an incredible technique and pace but hes just not good enough. I feel very bad for him because of all his injuries and he deserves to play at a top club regular and not on the bench he could have been one of the best players in the world withouth his injuries.

And then we have Pedro and Alexis being shit and still being starters...
But yeah,I agree with what you said and he seems like a really great guy too,wish him all the best.

Gilberto

Pedro and alexis are far from shit. They are both very good players not used correctly.

This. With Spain, Pedro isn't a working horse but a player with vision, flair and technique. The same goes for Alexis.
Are they told to be working horses or why are they like that? I really hope Neymar won't lose his flair and won't become a worker like Alexis and Pedro

Hamzah

High Definition Member
As much as this displeases people the presence of Messi affects their performance. Their whole game while in Barcelona is to feed him and revolve around him. In the national team there is no focal point and the teams are more balanced, allowing them to show their quality.

Its just something you must accept as long as messi is around in the false nine position especially. Many world class forwards have looked disappointing because of this.

BerkeleyBernie

As much as this displeases people the presence of Messi affects their performance. Their whole game while in Barcelona is to feed him and revolve around him. In the national team there is no focal point and the teams are more balanced, allowing them to show their quality.

Its just something you must accept as long as messi is around in the false nine position especially. Many world class forwards have looked disappointing because of this.
:beer2:

SwiftGuyver

so true. it's amusing that so many members on here don't see it! it's not a coincidence that both Pedro and Alexis perform better when Messi isn't playing. the thing is we need selfless players like them to maintain balance in our team. having Neymar & Messi together next season means we MUST have Alexis or Pedro on the right to press the ball and generally work their arses off and allow the 2 superstars to focus on shining bright.

ebieymjunior

so true. it's amusing that so many members on here don't see it! it's not a coincidence that both Pedro and Alexis perform better when Messi isn't playing. the thing is we need selfless players like them to maintain balance in our team. having Neymar & Messi together next season means we MUST have Alexis or Pedro on the right to press the ball and generally work their arses off and allow the 2 superstars to focus on shining bright.

It'd be a bad thing to let Messi (or Neymar) do nothing defensive-wise (the only reason why he didn't do too much this season is because, after the Benfica injury, he was afraid to have a long-term injury). He'll be back from holiday well rested and hopefully relaxed, so if he doesn't play too many games next season, he should work hard for the team :D. Same goes for Neymar.

They should shine for the team and not for the individuals. That way Tello/Pedro/Alexis/Villa can play their own game in addition to making a lot of assists. Btw, Tello was shining when given the chance last season, but I'm beginning to suspect that he's the type of player that does better when he comes off the bench (at least that's what he's currently showing anyway).

ryuken

For me this is their Problems not Messi's

Meitux

For me this is their Problems not Messi's
The problem is that they have been told to do so,and maybe that system doesnt work so good anymore,everybody working for Messi...Cause even when 5 people mark Messi they will still have to play that isolated role on the wing,and nobody is there on the box or trying to attack

xboogiex

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff 17m
Vilanova: "The idea for the rest of the transfer window is that we sign another centre back and that Dos Santos and Afellay leave on loan."

Its better for Afellay to just leave. A spot for WK next year is in danger for him.

Home of Barca Fans