Ibrahim Afellay

Garrus

There is nothing special or new that he can add to our front line, Cuenca and tello and maybe deulofeu need a spot in front for next season, Afellay presence will be redundant

F

Flavia

I doubt this is true. Currently there's no space for him, the front is packed.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
If the story from Mundo is correct, Afellay will be returning to Barcelona this summer.
It's no surprise really. As soon as he established himself he got injured. And recently Schalke got Bastos too and he already scored 3 goals in 3 matches.

Oh well..

F

Flavia

Interview from Ibi: (google translated, original here in spanish)

Afellay: "I am emotionally and mentally broken"

Implies that has come to consider quit football due to injury
"it costs me to go on, there are times that I doubt it," says
He also said that "I do not know when I'll play"
No acts with Schalke, will return to Barca in June, hasn't played an official match since November
"In the last year and a half I spent more time doing rehabilitation than playing" laments

MundoDeportivo.com 28/02/2013 17:28

In an interview with the site Sportpromotion , the Dutch company that represents their interests, Ibrahim Afellay implies that has come to think about quitting football because of constant injuries in recent months.

"I am emotionally and mentally knackered," says 'Ibi', 26 and on loan from FC Barcelona, ​​with whom he has a contract until 2015, at Schalke 04 until next June. It may be recalled that earlier this week the German club announced by the mouth of his sporting director Horst Heldt that international Oranje not continue with them next season .

"It is strange to see how far these injuries have affected me," he adds. the last, which is now in dry dock, is muscular and caráter suffered during the winter stage with Schalke in Qatar. Earlier in November, the month which does not play an official match with the Gelsenkirchen, had suffered a first msucular injury.

"With Barca broke my ligaments and then came these problems in the thigh. During the last year and a half I spent more time doing rehabilitation playing. Know I have to continue working, and I'm on it, but there are times when I doubt everything and that I can hardly keep up. "

Afellay Heldt has been criticized for not being seen in Germany. "I'm doing the recovery in the Netherlands, but of course I'd like to be with peers of Schalke. Them still, I want to win.'s Why I do not get angry, I can estra constantly coming and going between Utrecht and Gelsenkirchen", to defend the alluded.

As for the possible date of his comeback, says "I do not know when I'll be available, I can not say. I can only say that when I can I reincorporaré to training with Schalke. If anyone who would like to advance time that day comes for me. "

Sorry for the google translation, I can't do it myself right now, but I think you can understand the most of it... Poor guy, really :(

kaisers0ze

According to his agent Rob Jansen Afellay will stay with Barca, quoting: “He will not leave at all.”.

Source: http://sport.thepostonline.nl/2013/...jansen-afellay-gaat-niet-weg-bij-fc-barcelona

Does he want to stay that bad? Or cant Barca lose him?
In any case, after all that happened I don't think this is good for his carreer at all.
I mean after all the injuries (= very bad form) and the coach rating him less then Guardiola did, he's is looking at least at one new lost season in a time that should supposedly be his prime.

F

Flavia

He has no place in Barça. Sad but true. Neymar, alexis, pedro, tello... Ibi would be on the stands or on the bench. The best thing for him is to go.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Loved him when he was playing for my local side PSV. At some point by far the best player in the Eredivisie. But I have now come to terms that he just doesn't have a place here, and it would indeed be better for him and for us if he would leave and find a club that can guarantee him playing time.

Gilberto

Loved him when he was playing for my local side PSV. At some point by far the best player in the Eredivisie. But I have now come to terms that he just doesn't have a place here, and it would indeed be better for him and for us if he would leave and find a club that can guarantee him playing time.

I agree fully. Watched him play regulary when he still played here in The Netherlands and wasn't happy when Barca bought him because I knew he was not good enough and injury prone.

i_bleed_blaugrana

I'll always remember the assist for Messi's first goal vs Madrid in the 2011 Champions League semifinal first leg.

+1 huge assist, great sub by Pep.

Sad story really, always liked him and he seems to be a real nice guy. Shame what reoccurring injuries will do to a player.

Hope he finds a place for him to come into his own at, Arsenal or Liverpool would be fun. Simply wont see the field here.

Hope he can turn it arround, his talent was always apparent when he was with PSV

Home of Barca Fans