Ibrahim Afellay

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Honestly, though, what else can Tata say? It's not like he can go: "Yeah, Afellay is shit. I want him sold and I want him sold now. That'll be all."

It'll be awkward and hilarious at the same time if Tata actually says something like that

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
he was class when he wasnt injured, just not Barca class

Nonsense, merely been unlucky with injuries...He's without question, the most versatile midfielder in the squad, when healthy- can play centrally, out wide or as a holding midfielder...He's basically had two injuries that derailed his chances here or in a sale to profit from his very reasonable transfer price from Holland...The first one put him out of the rotation and he returned at the end of the season, before the arrival of Cesc & Alexis...Loan and injured at Schalke after a bright start there

Bandwagoners have no idea what sort of class the player has as he's nothing more than a virtual player in their online games

We'll see if he's a brittle player but he's still just 27 years of age

barcanuck

What's the harm in keeping him around. None at least he can maybe work his way into a game or two and get his stock a bit higher for a summer sale.

Alik

Cuenca, Tello or Afellay? Who do you think will leave/stay? Will Deulofeo come back next season?

Galning

I think both Cuenca and Tello will leave this summer. Afellay probably too if we manage to get a nice sum for him. It looks like Deulofeu will most probably come back as well as Rafinha.

kaisers0ze

Tello and Afellay to leave , Cuenca to stay. That's my preference.

Well there's nothing wrong with a preference off course.. but Cuenca did very bad playing for Ajax... Even Bojan is doing better now in Amsterdam. I rate Tello much higher.

As for Ibi.. I've been saying he should leave for a long time cuz i want to see this guy play.. Like see him score against dortmund :D:

but it seems he wants to stay so very bad.. wish him good luck..

Last edited:

Darko

Nonsense, merely been unlucky with injuries...He's without question, the most versatile midfielder in the squad, when healthy- can play centrally, out wide or as a holding midfielder...He's basically had two injuries that derailed his chances here or in a sale to profit from his very reasonable transfer price from Holland...The first one put him out of the rotation and he returned at the end of the season, before the arrival of Cesc & Alexis...Loan and injured at Schalke after a bright start there

Bandwagoners have no idea what sort of class the player has as he's nothing more than a virtual player in their online games

What I meant by not Barca class is that he isnt starter material, he would be awesome at lets say Liverpool, but better than Messi, Alexis or Neymar he is not.

kaisers0ze

What I meant by not Barca class is that he isnt starter material, he would be awesome at lets say Liverpool, but better than Messi, Alexis or Neymar he is not.

Most of the other players aren't as good as Messi, Alexis or Neymar... so none of them are Barca material?

Jadentheman

Most of the other players aren't as good as Messi, Alexis or Neymar... so none of them are Barca material?

Barca Bench material. Nice for the sub and good enough for a temp replacement, but not up to the level of the three above, which really isn't their fault. Just unlucky.

T

TataMascapenes

He definitely can't play as a holding midfielder. Also 27 isn't really young in footballing terms anymore.

Home of Barca Fans