Ibrahim Afellay

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
I don't agree about the level being too high for him, his quality has been proven when given a legitimate run of minutes & matches with the team...His misfortune has been untimely injuries and in sport, this too can undo your success at a club...His versatility alone should see him get some minutes but he's been out a LONG time

He can be a fine squad player, but we should aim for the absolute best. And to be honest, Afellay isn't one of them. Injuries have had their great impact, I know. But still, I don't see him being a players who will regularly play for us. And if that's the case, I'd rather have a promising youngster in that spot than a 27/80 yo who has been troubled by injuries for years now. I love Ibi, but I don't see a bright future for him here. He should try and get minutes and then move on to the next challenge in his career from summer 2014 onwards.

Last edited:

CatalinR10

He can be a fine squad player, but we should aim for the absolute best. And to be honest, Afellay isn't one of them. Injuries have had their great impact, I know. But still, I don't see him being a players who will regularly play for us. And if that's the case, I'd rather have a promising youngster in that spot than a 27/80 yo who has been troubles by injuries for years now. I love Ibi, but I don't see a bright future for him here. He should try and get minutes and then move on to the next challenge in his career from summer 2014 onwards.

+1

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
vKS2CylMvG4.jpg

fN72L5SKLRE.jpg

1x42tzS60Z4.jpg

Rqcr7vg8eac.jpg

JamDav1982

If he could prove an option on the RW he will probably get minutes this season.

Sanchez will get that spot normally, although inconsistent of late. Pedro just doesn't look comfortable there now and is too easy to defend.

His run and cross against RM a few seasons ago would be handy to see on right.

Djab

The commentator of the channel where I was watching didn't know who
he actually is. And said it's good that Barcelona give minutes to youngsters.
He should be a recent product of famous La Masia. :lol:

raskolnikov

Affelay is actually a good player, he can make some good moves yet chooses to safely pass as if he is intimidated by Barca's players/style.
I hope he gets 30+ minutes against Levante and just goes for it.

F

Flavia

Afellay: "I feel really good about everything that happened, the ovation of the fans was a great joy, a huge compliment."

Afellay: "I went through very bad times, I thought about retiring. I have to thank my teammates, the doctors, the coaches..."

I'm glad he overcame this. Hopefully he can finds his best form and avoid injuries from now on.

Home of Barca Fans