Ibrahim Afellay

Cutty

Picture of the day:
477787283-dani-alves-ibrahim-afellay-and-neymar-of-fc-gettyimages.jpg

From left to right: I'm Playing, I'm Not, I'm Playing as Well

Awww! Haha

He should just leave already. He'd probably be a decent player at any other football club.

If he stayed free of regular injuries that is...

kaisers0ze

Awww! Haha

He should just leave already. He'd probably be a decent player at any other football club.

If he stayed free of regular injuries that is...

Don't really understand his choices really.. with Strootman injured he would've been the number one squad choice for the WC.
Obviously he sat with Zubi and Tata.. and together they decided he should stay. The question is.. why? Just as a backup?

Of course it would be an honor to stay with the best team in the world, even as a backup... but this is a player i followed from his early ages. Watched him grow.. To me this feels like wasted talent.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Don't really understand his choices really.. with Strootman injured he would've been the number one squad choice for the WC.
Obviously he sat with Zubi and Tata.. and together they decided he should stay. The question is.. why? Just as a backup?

Of course it would be an honor to stay with the best team in the world, even as a backup... but this is a player i followed from his early ages. Watched him grow.. To me this feels like wasted talent.

He stayed because he was injured, if I am not mistaken he had knee surgery, there was no point in selling him or loaning as he was inactive.

L

linetty

He is actually a great backup when fit...I don't want him to go if he stays injury-free

Jelboo

I just think it's absurd that someone decided that he should stay... somewhere in the club, be it him or Tata or the staff... but he is playing no games at all. Makes no sense.

F

FCBblaug

I just think it's absurd that someone decided that he should stay... somewhere in the club, be it him or Tata or the staff... but he is playing no games at all. Makes no sense.

The intelligence used in deciding this makes me :facepalm:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Too much pressure on the team & Martino to play Afellay at this point since they squandered points since the winter break but a coach with better courage would be using Ibi instead of Roberto...everytime...But it is what it is

BerkeleyBernie

When was the last time he got some minutes ?

Sadly, only once since returning from injury, 4 minutes vs Malaga in January. On the bench 3 times since then. I'd like to see him get some minutes instead of Roberto, but it's hard for him to even get on the bench. He's a fine player, and really needs to move if he isn't going to be played. He could shine at another club.

kaisers0ze

At this stage it's really hard to give him some rotation minutes. Every game counts.

Yea agreed.
Guardiolla would've taken the risk though. I mean bringing Ibi during that Madrid match at 0-0 was risky as hell.

Man.. it has been years ago already.. where does the time go..

Home of Barca Fans