Ibrahim Afellay

BerkeleyBernie

Why would he do that ? There he would get much more minutes than at Barca . Considering that the WC is close , it's a dumb move by him.

Nah.

One: he's coming back from serious injury. Playing partial matches (and maybe the occasional full match) is a good strategy.
Two: he's playing on a team in contention for winning the CL.
Three: he's pretty damn good. Don't underestimate him. He may well take minutes from Roberto. He's more positionally aware, has a softer touch on the ball, good dribbling moves, good shot, and speed. When Tata needs a more Xaviesque or Iniestastic quality, Ibi provides more than Roberto.

Last edited:

BerkeleyBernie

In a season where all our forwards are doing so well, it's a miracle that Afellay is actually getting played. Compare this to last season when Villa barely got any time at all till March despite all of our wingers being in dire shit form.

I think he should've accepted the loan, if there's one sentimental player at Barca who I want to see play it's not him, it's Cuenca :cry:

He's going to take more midfield minutes, less winger/forwards. Roberto is going to see more of the bench.

I think people are going to be surprised soon by his quality. Remember, he came into the team doing the typical newbie role- tone down personal initiative in favor of the team passing game (especially circulating to Messi). He comes back in under Tata's new directive to be more individualistic at times (that has seen Pedro and Alexis take on more). Ibi's got the quality for both.

You may quote me in a few weeks. :D

CatalinR10

He's going to take more midfield minutes, less winger/forwards. Roberto is going to see more of the bench.

I think people are going to be surprised soon by his quality. Remember, he came into the team doing the typical newbie role- tone down personal initiative in favor of the team passing game (especially circulating to Messi). He comes back in under Tata's new directive to be more individualistic at times (that has seen Pedro and Alexis take on more). Ibi's got the quality for both.

You may quote me in a few weeks. :D

I doubt that will happen but good luck to him anyways.

Still , gotta love his skills

Meitux

It's not bad having some time but if he plays i think he will be much sloppy, obviously.. We shouldn't expect many from him.

BerkeleyBernie

It's not bad having some time but if he plays i think he will be much sloppy, obviously.. We shouldn't expect many from him.

I disagree. He has an excellent touch, far better than Alexis. People just don't remember. I expect he'll play well if he gets time.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I disagree. He has an excellent touch, far better than Alexis. People just don't remember. I expect he'll play well if he gets time.

You almost have to put the majority of the forum on ignore, there's so little in the way of understanding anything about the squad much less history

Meitux

I wasn't talking about his abilities, just about the fact that he hasn't played for so long for more than 30 minutes in a game for example, well he did get 21 against Levante but that's only the start. And he's gonna more to settle.

Last edited:

kaisers0ze

Picture of the day:
477787283-dani-alves-ibrahim-afellay-and-neymar-of-fc-gettyimages.jpg

From left to right: I'm Playing, I'm Not, I'm Playing as Well

Home of Barca Fans