Ibrahim Afellay

SwiftGuyver

there are areas of his game he could and should improve but he is already a great player and is still only 24 years old and has the potential to get even better...i think being at Barca with Pep and players like Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Villa, Pedro etc around him will help him to evolve even further and hopefully reach his full potential...

he is a supreb addition to our first team squad for 3m euros...

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I don't know what Afellay's top end pace is like but he has that burst/acceleration that really separates players from world class ones...He can get ahead of his man into open space and that makes him a huge asset to a side like Barca

ivan22

I love how happy he is when he scored :D absolutely brilliant.

too bad I had to leave and couldnt watch the second half :(

but he should get rid of his LV-man bag crap. make him look like CR20

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
One of the aspects of his game that I liked even from youtube clips was the fact that the kid carries a hammer for a shot...He doesn't pass shots into goal but hammers them...Not a virtue that a lot of our players have in the midfield

I figure at some point in the near future, Ibra is gonna unleash a rocket from 30m that bangs the back of the net

Schoen aka 'The Tool' did mention a couple of tidbits during the broadcast that I found of interest...One, that Afellay's start at PSV began with DeMarcus Beasley's injury at PSV...Once the kid got in there, he never gave the position up and it led to Beasley's departure...The other tidbit was that the reason Busquets was taken off at the half was that being on a yellow, he risked missing the CDR Final with another booking

iced1776

I don't see why people think he went invisible for any stretch of time today, one of the things I loved about his play today is that he was very smart and energetic when it came to opening into space. He is fitting into this system very well and is a great link between the middle and final thirds of the field, nice that he can do it from the middle of the right flank as well.

Fantastic goal and its great to see a player who is willing to take a more direct approach from outside the box. If he keeps up this form I hope he gets a lot of minutes this season.

Also, Ray Hudson has a total chubby for this guy.

gingerless

haha yeah, ray is extremely fond of afellay, and i'm starting to be like that too tbh. the kid is amazing, his pace, dribbling and holding off defenders is fucking world class... his shot is powerful yet very accurate at the same time. with an absent thiago he was bossing the midfield

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Just think that as his confidence increases with the first team, we'll really see how great he can still become honestly...I think it's clear that he still has some nerves around all these world class teammates and there is likely a fear to assert himself too much around them...In time though, I think he's going to really take it by the horns and will wow us all

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
he brings a good spark to the team that was needed for us to attack the home stretch.....gives us much needed depth since bojan has gone nuts

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
When we signed him, I thought he would be a great impact sub and would add a much needed depth to the squad.

Honestly now I'm starting to think he is going to be a bit more than that...

Home of Barca Fans