Ibrahim Afellay

nickd

When we signed him, I thought he would be a great impact sub and would add a much needed depth to the squad.

Honestly now I'm starting to think he is going to be a bit more than that...

we have no place in the starting line up for him.he would remain an impact sub.

bryangld27

He's getting better every game now. Hopefully this will be one of our best buys ever :D

btw you type "ibr" in google and in youtube, ibrahim affelay comes first now rather than ibrahimovic. And sometimes, they don't show ibrahimovic at all :lol: what is with this popular dude?

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Great goal... The little amount of time I watched the game, he seemed like playing in the centre up front! Did he play a striker yesterday?

iced1776

He did play a bit of a reserved support striker in the center, and he did well on a few occasions to turn towards goal, beat a defender, and get a hard shot off.

SeloBarca

affelay may be quicker but i dunno if he is flat out faster

Pedro can move faster then defenders WITH the ball on the wings, Affelay didnt manage that. Affelay is really quick straight forward, but Pedro also can change direction at a really quick pace. But once Affelay gets more gametime and adjust to the playing style, we will see.

I feel like when Villa got transfered, i really want this guy to succed.

Last edited:
P

PhilS

I hope this game gives Pep the confidence to put Ibi out there quite a bit the rest of the year. Let's see how he does starting at forward in some of the Liga games, alongside two of the regular trident. Bring Ibi on as supersub regularly. Keep Messi, Villa and Pedro fresh enough for the big CL and Real Madrid games coming up, make sure there is someone ready to step in if one of them gets hurt.

airBarca

Yay Ibis first Barca goal :D so happy for him he played very well for a guy that transfered just in January :)
Ibi is the best looking guy on the team in terms of looks :p

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
he was awesome.

so fast, so direct.

love his shot, s'like a cannon.

he even looks able to play False9, which is very useful.

and eternal gratitude is due for becoming the squad utility player and allowing Andrés to focus on CM.

and he cost €3m! lovely jubbly.

gingerless

was the transfer rosell's work?

it's funny how we're all talking about him being a super sub or even a first teamer when just a few weeks ago he was taking up thiago's space

Moe