Ibrahim Afellay

A

asemh

^ oh sick, it would have been awesome if he got this one in.
When he started the run I swear I thought it was going to end up being a goal :/

elizel

This is not the most pressing of concerns, but does anyone have a link to the official vid of Afellay's Barça Toon? :lol: I was just wondering where it is since I couldn't find it on FCB's YouTube channel. Someone uploaded a copy on YT but the quality is quite poor.

Ocurrente

it goes something like this...
reporter: how has been your experience in Barcelona's dressing room?
ibi: wonderful..the mister said i would get few minutes against bilbao he said to me, not to touch the ball, just touch the grass. Against Depor i finally touched the ball. I think in march i will score, it's wonderful!
reporter: what do you think about the way Barcelona play?
ibi: it's wonderful, even i play with barcelona in my videogame... my battery died.
reporter: did you know Ibi means real estate property tax (Impuesto de Bienes Inmuebles)?
reporter2: ...and it's the name of a town in Alicante.
ibi: am i a tax? am i a town?! oh wonderful!
villa: well that's enough allefay!!
ibi: oh you're villa, i'm your fan. you're wonderful
villa: exactly!, that's the problem! i'm wonderful, not you. Don't steal my phrase mate!
reporter: ibi, which position will you play?
ibi: i like to play as a center or left forward.
Villa: just like me! are you seeing what he's doing!? this is wonderful!!
ibi: wonderful? so do you like it?
Villa: no, but it's my phrase, and i have to say it.
reporter: ibi, how do you think 2011 is going to be like?
ibi: 2011 is going to be Wonde... wonde...wond.. i'm sorry, my vocabulary is very poor.
Villa: oh, that's the problem? don't worry mate, i will help you with your spanish.
ibi: this club is..."the best player in the world is David Villa", and i am..."i'm very happy when Villa is playing"
Villa: Wonderful Allefay! a wonderful speech!

Barcafire

this guy is seriously fast.we dont need jeffren anymore.

Interesting that you should say that. Yesterday, while watching the game, they showed Jeffren sitting in the stands, and then my friend turned to me and said almost the same thing. "We have Afellay. Jeffren will be sold during this upcoming transfer."

Now i'm beginning to think it's true. We also agreed he's sorta like a humble/good boy version of C. Ronaldo. He's fast, has pace, can shoot, and even sorta looks like him.

Anyway, I was a little doubtful of him, but he's really proving me wrong and showing a lot of promise.

Mocro

I would love to see him start with the regular guys just once. Barca is known for their furious starts going all out on opponents. After a 3-0 or 4-0 lead the game changes a bit and thats when Afellay usually gets some playtime. Just wonder how he will play when Barca is in full destruction-mode. Hopefully Pep will rest Iniësta at some point in this season.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
If there's one consistent point of criticism for Pep it's the rotation of his players and subbing them out...I just don't think there's much chance of Afellay really getting too many starts the rest of the season - barring any injuries

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
The truth is, integration into this squad requires a lot of patience and time to gel...The mere fact that Ibi has looked this good this fast speaks wonders to how talented this kid is...Not to mention how much of a genius buy it has been thus far...Give him pre-season to train with the team properly and then at least half of next season and I think we'll really see something special from him

Home of Barca Fans