Ibrahim Afellay

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
^ Well, if you watch closely, you'll notice that his crossing and quick passing (like when he wants to pass while running) is not as good with his left as it is with his right. But you're right, he's almost two-footed, and it often isn't noticeable.

Co0ter

Despite what many people have said, I think Afellay is as strong or stronger on the right side. He's made a few runs on the right side where he's SMOKED defenders, one all the way from midfield. He's scored his goal from the right side, as well as a few decent link ups.

I agree with the person who said he needs to work on his left tho. Although that's not very fair, since Xavi is terrible with his left as well and no one is screaming murder about that.

The fact stands that Afellay has shown brilliance almost everytime he's been put in, whether its 5 or 15 minutes and he's only been on the team for a couple of months.However I see him best as an attacking midfielder like Iniesta, not a winger. We're just lucky he's good at both.

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
^ I agree with you, apart from the first part. I feel like Afellay is less predictable when he plays from the left. When he plays from the right, he often seems to always try to beat his defender, but when he plays from the left, he sometimes moves to the center, to link up with Iniesta, amongst others. And since we haven't got someone who can beat defenders in the air, it doesn't matter that he'd be placed on the 'wrong flank'.

Sometimes I feel like he drops to deep...I remember him collecting the ball from Abidal at one point. I think that it would be better if he stayed in more advanced positions when he plays as a winger. It's not like players like Iniesta don't collect the ball...besides, someone has to run into the zone vacated by Messi, and it can't always be Pedro (or Villa, if Afellay comes on for Pedro).

Last edited:

Culeee

Affelay has shown brilliance whenever he has been put in ? now im all for optimism but that one is taking it a bit too far if you ask me. Kid is obviously still very much adapting.. just like i expected and would not be fair to judge him untill next season.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Yeah, he actually had a better run out than I initially remembered...That little cut inside and lovely ball for Iniesta was really beautiful

iced1776

I don't see where the harsh criticism comes from, even now during his "adapting" stages he's been more effective than Bojan and has done well to make positive plays with the ball without losing possession very often. He works hard to open up and knows when to make the simple passes and blend in with the team, I really don't see what's not to like about his play so far this year.

deelio

I don't see where the harsh criticism comes from, even now during his "adapting" stages he's been more effective than Bojan and has done well to make positive plays with the ball without losing possession very often. He works hard to open up and knows when to make the simple passes and blend in with the team, I really don't see what's not to like about his play so far this year.

What's not to like? i mean, he's been decent, but dont you remember sporting?

Home of Barca Fans