Iker Casillas

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Nothing wrong by Madrid standards haha. The best goalie in the history of Spain is booted out the back door, how normal.

Iker should of left last year on top for sure, but he wants to succeed so badly and realized the fans will never forgive him for being the mole to Mou's plans.

He wanted to retire here, but he wanted to have it on his own terms. He got his CL, he lost Ancelotti and wasn't about to deal with Rafa.

I can't possibly describe how pissed off I am to see him go, but I am focused on getting Perez out now. He's gotta go.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He wanted to retire here, but he wanted to have it on his own terms. He got his CL, he lost Ancelotti and wasn't about to deal with Rafa.

I can't possibly describe how pissed off I am to see him go, but I am focused on getting Perez out now. He's gotta go.

No one barely manages to get the signatures or bank guarantee needed to stand in your elections. Florentino was elected by default last time which was not so long ago. Do you think anyone can challenge him?

I guess you'll have to wait till he leaves on his own terms. The local Madrid media is never gonna turn against him either. He's like Rosell on steroids when it comes to media support.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Not with Podemos winning the local election. They hate the rich by default. They will not go easy on him. Floro's biggest ambition being the stadium it will soon get frustrating.

DonAK said:
Puyol didn't get kicked out or refuse a farewell event because he feared getting booed.

What is that popular saying now?.. Believe only half what you see and nothing you can hear.

Beast

The Observer
NOOOOO i can't believe this thread was moved already... :(

thank you Iker for all you've done... Club legend always... and i'm glad you won la Decima before you left.. farewell St. Iker always in our minds & hearts .. it will be difficult for any keeper to match your skills or take your place

Beast

The Observer
who are the fans going to booo now ....
For a reason though... it's always the club over players for Madridistas..that will never change at all
Iker is a legend and saved our asses many times but Iker isn't the old Iker.. for someone who wasn't tall , isn't great in crosses or set pieces he relied solely on his amazing reflexes and that treat gets slower with age unlike other keepers who managed to stay beyond the 35 year bracket

i'm glad we gave him the money he wanted.. a suitable thank you gift for everything ..

serghei

So would Abidal situation sums up Barcelona ? or Neymar shady deal ?

he asked us for the 2 years left in his contract & take care of the taxes and he got them ...

Abidal situation is vastly different. Puyol is more similar with Casillas. Or Xavi. Abidal played just 5 years with us, not exactly a club legend, his cancer aside.

And about Neymar, I actually said a couple of times we are similar with Real Madrid in transfers these days, except we buy better players lately.

Last edited:

Beast

The Observer
Because he didn't play for Barca since he was a kid. I didn't see the Camp Nou booing Xavi or Puyol btw.

You missed your down days when the entire team was boo'ed off the back of some mediocre home performance or did you forget ?
how can you compare him to Puyol who simply retired ? Xavi went off to one big pay cheque on the back of a treble winning season.. if Iker left last year like Xavi this year it would have been different story all together ..
off the back of a disastrous season for both club & country it's pretty normal outcome he had his worst season by far..
It's better to go off like that than to be promised renewal publicly claiming support than to leave your player out in the cold like garbage .. there will never be a worst exist than what Abidal got in Barca and those 4 years of Abidal was your best when he was playing up until his nasty cancer..

serghei

You missed your down days when the entire team was boo'ed off the back of some mediocre home performance or did you forget ?
how can you compare him to Puyol who simply retired ? Xavi went off to one big pay cheque on the back of a treble winning season.. if Iker left last year like Xavi this year it would have been different story all together ..
off the back of a disastrous season for both club & country it's pretty normal outcome he had his worst season by far..
It's better to go off like that than to be promised renewal publicly claiming support than to leave your player out in the cold like garbage .. there will never be a worst exist than what Abidal got in Barca and those 4 years of Abidal was your best when he was playing up until his nasty cancer..

1. It's one thing to boo the team, and another thing to boo a single player who happens to be your legend or to ironically applaud him when he makes a save. That's pathetic. I've watched Barca for 20 years almost, since 1998, and I've never seen that at Barca. That's just the fans being dicks towards a glory that defines the modern era of Real Madrid like no other player.

2. Xavi's situation is also different. That departure was class and it originated from the fact that Xavi knew he couldn't play at the level required at Barca. Also, keepers are very competitive well in their 40s. Compare Casillas with Buffon. Both hall of famers, one is Juves captain and legend and he's 37 (!!), the other is 34 and is Real Madrid's legend. Don't you think Casillas deserved to be like Buffon? Btw, I've watched Valdes being comical in a lot of games, especially in his early days, but was he forced out? :lol: No. The club trusted him, and valued him and he went on to win 3 CLs with the team. Casillas was one of your best players in the CL last year and the captain in your decima team and a year later you sent him and Carlo packing. Pathetic.

Last edited:

mobster_1930

Puyol didn't leave as a king ? Ofcourse he didn't, you only leave as a king having won titles, just like Xavi did. But did Barca fans ever booed Puyol ? It's not exactly a party time for farewells when you don't win anything like Barca did last year. Puyol didn't leave with fans wanting him to leave and club president pushing for it. The way Barca treated Puyol and the way RMA treated Casillas is very different, dare to say even opposite.

Can't understand hate towards Casillas of some Barca fans here, though. He was one of the Xavi's best friends outside of Barca's cycle of friends and his demise even begun because of his friendship with fellow national players who happened to be Barca's players. Also, I actually can't believe what his parents said, don't know if it's true or not, but they surely did a great job to guarantee a warm welcome from Porto's fans.

Home of Barca Fans