Ilaix Moriba

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
There will be no renewal, kid is gone - either to stands or transferred out. Point of no return has come & gone

feggydinho

There will be no renewal, kid is gone - either to stands or transferred out. Point of no return has come & gone

lol, he'll fit the premier league though with his physicality and he's got okay talent. Shame about the financial issue but PL clubs should be willing to pay him what he wants.

Messi983

Still hope he'll get his head straight and stay. He could be a part of something special here with a new young core around FDJ, Ansu, Pedri, Gavi, Demir, Balde,...

ajnotkeith

https://twitter.com/barcacentre/status/1423985393179906048

Quite hilarious to me this is how we treat a bright prospect declining our contract offer, give up on him completely and don't even let him play with B, but Umtiti/Pjanic/Braithwaite/Lenglet/Neto who are all on ridiculous wages and that we need to move are starting games, getting minutes and being 'assured' they will be squad players under Koeman. What a difference.

JamDav1982

https://twitter.com/barcacentre/status/1423985393179906048

Quite hilarious to me this is how we treat a bright prospect declining our contract offer, give up on him completely and don't even let him play with B, but Umtiti/Pjanic/Braithwaite/Lenglet/Neto who are all on ridiculous wages and that we need to move are starting games, getting minutes and being 'assured' they will be squad players under Koeman. What a difference.

Stupid to even compare the two situations.

ajnotkeith

Stupid to even compare the two situations.

The point is if you don't renew we'll force you out and we'll force you out by not letting you play a single minute even in a B-team preseason game. But this heavy-handed approach is not applied to the other players we are allegedly trying to force out.

(Btw, I don't buy Ilaix asked for 3 mill or whatever garbage the Catalan media is saying today. We've learnt from Messi's case, and hopefully paid attention to all the other renewals and transfers they have lied about and given pro-Barca perspective, to know that there is 2 sides to a story and probably there is a reason why Ilaix's entourage feel Barca didn't want him to renew).

JamDav1982

The point is if you don't renew we'll force you out and we'll force you out by not letting you play a single minute even in a B-team preseason game. But this heavy-handed approach is not applied to the other players we are allegedly trying to force out.

(Btw, I don't buy Ilaix asked for 3 mill or whatever garbage the Catalan media is saying today. We've learnt from Messi's case, and hopefully paid attention to all the other renewals and transfers they have lied about and given pro-Barca perspective, to know that there is 2 sides to a story and probably there is a reason why Ilaix's entourage feel Barca didn't want him to renew).

Totally different situations.

Barca want to sell/release the senior players and dont want to lose Moriba and if he doesnt want to sign they dont want him to be happy to stay and play for a year even in B team. When would rather force him to leave now and try to get a fee while not stalling development of other younger players who may play.

Comparing them in pointless.

ajnotkeith

Totally different situations.

Barca want to sell/release the senior players and dont want to lose Moriba and if he doesnt want to sign they dont want him to be happy to stay and play for a year even in B team. When would rather force him to leave now and try to get a fee while not stalling development of other younger players who may play.

Comparing them in pointless.
I am not convinced Barca are desperate for him to stay. With a transfer fee of 20m-30m possible with top PL clubs in for him, given our current situation, and that he frees up a spot on the first-team for other prospects, I can certainly see why Barca see it more of appealing option to sell rather than keep a mostly unproven youngster. No smoke without fire and his guys wouldn't be accusing the club of not wanting to renew him for no reason.

And what's the point of giving players you want to sell/release minutes with the first-team? You'll just make them feel more comfortable and want to leave even less if they are getting regular playing time. It's not like Umtiti or Griezmann or Pjanic performances in these games have attracted any clubs. All they serve to do is make the players feel better about their situation at Barca.

JamDav1982

I am not convinced Barca are desperate for him to stay. With a transfer fee of 20m-30m possible with top PL clubs in for him, given our current situation, and that he frees up a spot on the first-team for other prospects, I can certainly see why Barca see it more of appealing option to sell rather than keep a mostly unproven youngster. No smoke without fire and his guys wouldn't be accusing the club of not wanting to renew him for no reason.

And what's the point of giving players you want to sell/release minutes with the first-team? You'll just make them feel more comfortable and want to leave even less if they are getting regular playing time. It's not like Umtiti or Griezmann or Pjanic performances in these games have attracted any clubs. All they serve to do is make the players feel better about their situation at Barca.

They offered him a contract and do want him to stay but clearly not that desperate and happy to take fee.

Players who want to sell wont just be binned in pre season. They may be relied on in new season at times and/or want to put them in shop window.

As said two situations completely different.

Windhook

Another impatient youngster leaving the club early in his career. Kids starting at Barca first team think too big of themselves. What Koeman did last season starting youngsters was out of desperation with the crisis at the club, not to mention Pjanic turned out to be a colossal fuck up. Such thing was unthinkable few years back - Pedri, Ilaix or Puig starting instead of benched Rakitic.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If he still want a big contract despite having proven nothing then he can go.

Home of Barca Fans