Ilaix Moriba

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
NT selection is a personal choice, no one can second guess what he decides - especially when he has been linked to Syli since February 2020, this has little to do with his club future

Joan

My guess: to counter the negative marketing about him these days. Football fans will love him for this.

ajnotkeith

All this 'money-hungry' stuff about Ilaix isn't really ringing true with me. Is Leipzig really going to offer that much more than our current offer, thinking about it? Especially given they are paying a fee. After what Ilaix's entourage said about the club not really wanting to keep him, It's more believable to me that it was more about sporting reasons, and with the emergence of Nico and Gavi, we don't care much to keep Ilaix. Leipzig will offer him more time and a guaranteed chance at a starting spot

Joan

Nico and Gavi were given chances only after Ilaix declined our contract offer. Which was handsome for a player in his position anyway. Barca didn't want him is empty talk. Regarding the sporting side, here he has a coach who'shown him extreme trust. It's all about money and there's no shame in it. There's only shame in hiding and evading admitting so.

jamrock

All this 'money-hungry' stuff about Ilaix isn't really ringing true with me. Is Leipzig really going to offer that much more than our current offer, thinking about it? Especially given they are paying a fee. After what Ilaix's entourage said about the club not really wanting to keep him, It's more believable to me that it was more about sporting reasons, and with the emergence of Nico and Gavi, we don't care much to keep Ilaix. Leipzig will offer him more time and a guaranteed chance at a starting spot

Yea makes no sense what you are saying, he was the first man off the bench in every game last season even in the clasico so I can't be for sporting reasons on his end, he had a coach that trusted him & way playing more minutes than the average 18 year old at a big club.

The club didn't want him at any price, that's what it came down to, he wanted more than the club thought he was valued.

ajnotkeith

Nico and Gavi were given chances only after Ilaix declined our contract offer. Which was handsome for a player in his position anyway. Barca didn't want him is empty talk. Regarding the sporting side, here he has a coach who'shown him extreme trust. It's all about money and there's no shame in it. There's only shame in hiding and evading admitting so.

Nothing wrong at all with football players wanting money, yes. It is a business and if we don't want to meet his demands it's his prerogative to leave.

But again my question is is Leipzig or whoever really offering that much more $$ that it's worth for him to move to a new country at 18? It seems to be money might not be only motivating factor behind it as Leipzig is not a club known for giving out massive contracts and I doubt they are offering much more. Unless that rumour is smoke, like many of the transfer rumours about Barca these days..

MTL_Barca

Well who knows what other offers they actually got, all we know is Barcas offer was declined. Now looking at our current midfielders, the minutes he got last season and what Koeman said about him...it's very hard to believe that this isn't mostly about money.

The club already put a lot of trust in him, both in games and financially by giving him a big contract at a young age. If that isn't enough for whatever reason he and his management might think then he can gladly fuck off.

Gari

And he does all this at the age of 18. The fact that he may be an average player is not even considered by him and his entourage. If Messi had chosen Spain, he would have received what he lacks now, the World Cup title, but here Guinea, not Argentina.

jamrock

He is cutting all ties with Spain, He's out the door will end up playing for Bayern are a epl team in a few years, assuming he is that good.(unlikely)

Porque

Well what is the correlation between choosing to leave Spain and choosing to leave the Spanish national team at the same time? Not much.

It suggests the kid (or his entourage, or both) lack emotional intelligence to decipher the difference between a business decision and emotional one.

Oh well, on to the next, as they say.

Home of Barca Fans