İlkay Gündoğan

Yannik

There is absolutely no way they get him that cheap. There is no such release clause, Dortmund isn't doing that anymore.

Co0ter

Just play Arda on the wings, simple.

You don't seem to understand how our team works. This isn't Pep era...we don't create from the midfield. We both create and score from the front line now...the midfield is able to create, but their main purpose is workrate and to support the front three...

Playing Iniesta on LW, Arda or Rafinha on RW etc isn't a part of the plan because none of them are great scorers. It's why Lucho wants to buy another forward option that is actually a good finisher so badly but won't mind the bench because of MSN (Nolito). Sure it can be done, but if someone gets injured..do you think our team will be anywhere near as strong with Arda on the wing and Gundogan in midfield with our system?

I always liked Gundogan and I was wary of signing him because of his injury. I'm so happy he's back at this level, but right now there is no way to fit him into Lucho's system unless he gets rid of one of the big names (not Rafinha or Roberto) in midfield.

Howes

Looks like he's going to be Pep's first signing at Manchester City. Think he's just the sort of player they need

DrPepper

Like, a technical possession-oriented player with box-to-box capabilities doesn't fit a technical possession-oriented system with box-to-box elements? :lol:

SeloBarca

I'm just going to assume that the only reason why you're not mentioning Busi here, I'd because he's in a category all by himself.

That is correct :) and hes a DM. Noone comes close to Busi.

Iniesta and Gundogan arent of the same category. Iniesta is the worlds best AM, by far. Gundogan is a playmaking CM, something we havent had since Xavi.
I enjoyed our midfield more with Xavi and Iniesta type setup where Xavi distributed the ball and Iniesta was incredible at driving the ball forward.
Now its mostly Iniesta, and the others watching Ineista do great things and Messi having to move into midfield to distribute the balls.
The player playing next to Iniesta often just feels like a player filling that place.
A playermaker next to Iniesta i feel would increase our level of play more then any of our current midfielders, especially when ALL of our current midfielders are AMs with no playmaking capability.

I don't think Gundogan really fits Lucho's system.
Luchos system isnt THAT much diffent than before. We tried playing more direct first half season with him and that failed badly with everyone wanting Lucho sacked.
Then we went back to a bit more possesion type of football again. Biggest differance is that our attacking 3 is so much better than before.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans