İlkay Gündoğan

M3ls

You watch football like average fans and you think, oh, this idiot chose Rakitic over Kroos, but your problem is that you don't understand football. I understand, Enrique understands, but you don't.

M3ls

When I was like you, I scolded Valverde for his 4-4-2 and lack of a dominant style of play.

But then I realized that with Leo and Suarez of the sample of those years, it was impossible to play differently.
When you have two players completely passive without the ball, you cannot play dominant football, because dominant football is based on pressing. That is why Valverde gave up pressing and 4-3-3 and switched to 4-4-2 where he had two lines of players with deep and medium blocks in defense. Otherwise it was impossible.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
We what, want to put him on DM for Busquets? Lol no, disaster... No more players past their prime - we need to start using our heads in the transfer market and build a track team with players that have to their prime ahead of them. No thanks to Gundogan, even on a free with relatively low wage. I was a was a fan of him, but just no.

iniestaGOAT

You watch football like average fans and you think, oh, this idiot chose Rakitic over Kroos, but your problem is that you don't understand football. I understand, Enrique understands, but you don't.

He is famous in this forum for stealing Twitter posts and writing them on here as his own.

Don't mind him.

Total-Football

Incredible stuff. This team is hell bound on making itself more lethargic every year by those signings.. the last similar signing ended up at the cardiologist. Can't make this shit up.

khaled_a_d

Incredible stuff. This team is hell bound on making itself more lethargic every year by those signings.. the last similar signing ended up at the cardiologist. Can't make this shit up.
If we somehow get rid of Alonso, I would say we have an almost perfect age distribution across most likes
Players who will be 30 or above: Inigo Alba & Roberto who are all back ups, Gundogan as 1st option for bench in midfield, Lewa as the only starter. MATS is a bit irrelevant to the discussion since 31 for a GK is solid.
If we get Messi, it might be a bit too much tbf, as it add another starter who is 36.
But overall, it is solid considering the funds.

PS: The 1st rumour was that the contract is 2+1 year, that will be perfect IMO. Although I don't think he will stay the 3rd year anyway as he will probably has the option to go back to Germany or move to retirement league. So 2 years from him is good.

Also, Larson was signed at same age, and wasn't bad, Aguero was solid before that retirement condition too, Auba was solid addition

JamDav1982

Doubt very much Gundogan is being signed as a back up on the money he will be on and for him even to agree to move.

At least it wont now be with Busquets also.

Home of Barca Fans