İlkay Gündoğan

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
Decrease the Pedri-depencia
A 32 year old back up? I would rather give the youngsters a chance as a back up TBH.
You mean why sign the best midfielder in PL for free?

Are you stupid or just pretending to be stupid?
Ah an eloquent one you are. Best midfielder in the PL? We'll have to disagree on that one. 188 games in 7 years, that is barely 27 games a season. He won only two player of the month awards and that was back in 2021. Hardly the stats of "the best midfielder in the PL", or am I missing something?

iniestaGOAT

A 32 year old back up? I would rather give the youngsters a chance as a back up TBH.

Ah an eloquent one you are. Best midfielder in the PL? We'll have to disagree on that one. 188 games in 7 years, that is barely 27 games a season. He won only two player of the month awards and that was back in 2021. Hardly the stats of "the best midfielder in the PL", or am I missing something?

Who was the best midfielder in PL?

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
We are talking a back up here. Pedri, Gavi and De Jong are going to start most games. I would rather see Casado or Alba getting minutes than their progress being blocked by a 32 year old, who will be 33 in October and has a history of injuries.

Andresito

Staff member
We are talking a back up here. Pedri, Gavi and De Jong are going to start most games. I would rather see Casado or Alba getting minutes than their progress being blocked by a 32 year old, who will be 33 in October and has a history of injuries.
Gundogan is 100 times better than those youngsters. He'll probably start most games too, so no backup signing this one. Top 3 midfielder itw last few months. Crucial for City in treble.

If Casado and Txus are up for it they can establish themselves in the first team squad first. What have they shown that makes a team like Barca rely on them as backups? Very naive thinking imo.

Home of Barca Fans