İlkay Gündoğan

Gnidrologist

We are talking a back up here. Pedri, Gavi and De Jong are going to start most games. I would rather see Casado or Alba getting minutes than their progress being blocked by a 32 year old, who will be 33 in October and has a history of injuries.
Gavi himself needs to be backup to begin with and Pedri shouldn't be playing every game and full 90s. It's a very good transfer unless Gundo goes full turk.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Casado and Txus Alba lol.

What am I reading. Casado I suppose has an outside chance of doing something perhaps, but Alba is a poor man's Carles Alena. Most people would love La Masia kids making the first team because it's something special and obviously zero cost, but you shouldn't be delusional either. Most of these kids are not making it here or for a top team. Just how it works.

Club will prioritize the right talents just like they did with Gavi, Balde and now Yamal.

Gundogan unless his level drops off a cliff is a super signing. Excellent midfielder who can play a couple of different roles, calm and professional presence and leadership qualities.

Gnidrologist

Yeah. That's the point. People don't realize how young for pro football Pedri still is as he's been veteran started for two years already. He shouldn't be. Which is why he breaks down so often. He also can't handle the sort of responsibility/pressure yet, despite the immense talent. Good that De Jong will not be the only grownup top class mid now. For both Pedri and Team. But as said, if Gundo hopefully doesn't turn up another scam.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Never say never, but the only way I see Gundo turning into a scam is if Xavi turns him into one.

Reactions: BJJ

Gnidrologist

Yeah, people worry too much about what players we'll have. It's much less important at this point. We can't get the squad immensely more powerful name wise than it is now, no matter what. Most pressure is on Xavi getting a clue at once. Should've performed way better last season generally and was bailed out by lot of things. Also got unlucky on some things. Hard to predict his level next season with more oiled and experienced squad. It really on him mostly now.

Messi983

Casado and Txus Alba lol.

What am I reading. Casado I suppose has an outside chance of doing something perhaps, but Alba is a poor man's Carles Alena. Most people would love La Masia kids making the first team because it's something special and obviously zero cost, but you shouldn't be delusional either. Most of these kids are not making it here or for a top team. Just how it works.

Club will prioritize the right talents just like they did with Gavi, Balde and now Yamal.

Gundogan unless his level drops off a cliff is a super signing. Excellent midfielder who can play a couple of different roles, calm and professional presence and leadership qualities.

Alena is established starter for Getafe in last two years and has already played over 100 games in La Liga, will be surprised if Txus will get anywhere close to that in his career.

serghei

Looked fine to me in the 30 mins he played vs Madrid. Of course, he is sluggish and far from a spring chicken at his age, but he's got quality on the ball.

Home of Barca Fans