İlkay Gündoğan

The Observer

Real Madrid are a farce. They have bought midfielders for over 100 million Euros combined since last year, haven't even found a formation yet to fit them all in (Isco has suddenly disappeared) and they still want to buy. Even funnier if you consider that the guy who is currently running Dortmund's midfield is actually a Real Madrid player effectively yet they want to buy another Dortmund midfielder who plays the same role. :lol:

I find it hard to believe anyone but 15 year old kids can be attracted to a club that operates like that. Lots of "bling bling", no substance.

Die Bayern

Sahin will definitely be a cause for worry to him, as he is one of his idols. Özil on the other hand is not perceived to be a failure at RM at all in Germany, but rather a huge success, regardless of how it ended. You repeatedly hear youngsters like Draxler talk about how "Özil developed into a world-class player at Madrid". Gündogan might think the same, but still, he's very close with Sahin, so that story will play a role.

As to why his decision is taking so long, I do believe it's simply because of the injury. He would definitely be in a better position to negotiate if he was fit and performing well on the pitch. Personally, I hope he stays at Dortmund and maybe, one day, ends up at Barca.

Ozil might have developed into a world-class player there, but the way he was treated is still a concern. So I do hope he takes that into consideration, even if he play well they won't hesitate to get rid of him.. Fingers-crossed he doesn't end up at that circus.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Yes, how anyone can still take Real Madrid seriously, let alone want to play for them, is a mystery. Let's hope is clever enough to not follow their call.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
That's why I mentioned Ozil. The way how he was treated. I mean, Flo publicly acted like a complete fool by accusing him of several things.

AfricanBavarian

He is not. He paid his dues and I thought he fared pretty well, certainly better under Mou.

Rumor has it that ManU wants to buy him for 30 mil.

The real reason RM's defense is so bad is because they have no midfield cover. When they attack everything comes through the wings. When they defend their midfield is no. existent so teams just punish their CBs

WallBreaker

I am a Madrid fan, here is my opinion about this.

There is no need for Gundogan, it is better to go for someone like Pogba/Vidal who do actually fit the ball winner/b2b kind of role. Basically a rich man's khedira.

Im not saying that the rumors are false about Madrid having dibs, but i do think it might be part of a secret agenda from Perez in order to deviate eyes into a new topic. This topic will resurface throughout the year and time and time again barca might be mentioned as losers in the race for gundogan, etc.

Bottom line, i think theres enough reason to believe that this is bullshit. In the sense that there are other reasons behind the sudden outburst of info.

Regarding Illarramendi and Isco, Carlo is a much more "serious" tactician and manager that mourinho is, you can actually have some faith we carlo about how he is going to set everything up. Carlo is very open, during his last press conference he heaped and heaped praise on Illarramendi, and said that isco was coming back from injury but is now ok and part of the competition with modric, obviously he has to be allowed to set in and that will happen imo, no need to jump any ships atm.

Illarra and Isco are 2 of the gems from sub 21 that cost like 70 mil together, they wont be thrown to waste, most importantly they seem to have the coach's approval.

Now i must admit, i dont really watch dortmund, im not completely informed about gundogans capabilities but he seems to me like he could possibly play a b2b role and turn into a a perfect swiss army knife, he seems to be a very complete player, who knows if this could work.

WallBreaker

Khedira has a very ugly player profile of course he is going to get flack.

Ozil's situation is complicated but in any case it would not compare to anything Gundogan would possibly experience imo.

Sahin's main enemy was Mou not madrid.

I personally dont see the imperfect situation of these players, influencing gundogan all too greatly if at all.

edit: according to el confidencial, gundogan has said yes to a future in madrid.

http://www.elconfidencial.com/depor...-el-real-madrid-y-el-borussia-dortmund_52263/

I am still completely lost as to why madrid would pull for gundogan. As long as no one touches my boy illarra, and the team works, i cant care less.

Last edited:

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Khedira has a very ugly player profile of course he is going to get flack.

Ozil's situation is complicated but in any case it would not compare to anything Gundogan would possibly experience imo.

Sahin's main enemy was Mou not madrid.

I personally dont see the imperfect situation of these players, influencing gundogan all too greatly if at all.

edit: according to el confidencial, gundogan has said yes to a future in madrid.

http://www.elconfidencial.com/depor...-el-real-madrid-y-el-borussia-dortmund_52263/

I am still completely lost as to why madrid would pull for gundogan. As long as no one touches my boy illarra, and the team works, i cant care less.

Why not? RM has a record of not exactly clinging to more quiet but technically gifted players. When in doubt, they sell some of their proven players to make place for a shiny new star - Robben, Snejder, Özil... Gündogan would fall into the same category as Özil, and on top of that it's doubtful whether he would be better for Madrid than Özil.

As for that rumour, I haven't seen it mentioned in any other sources. Probably bs.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
http://www.insidespanishfootball.co...place-with-borussia-dortmunds-ilkay-gundogan/

:(:facepalm:

Real Madrid reportedly have deal in place with Borussia Dortmund’s İlkay Gündoğan

by TomConn | Posted on Thursday, December 5th, 2013

Borussia Dortmund have offered defensive midfielder, İlkay Gündoğan a contract extension but the German international, whose signed until 2015, has yet to respond to the offer leading the German outfit to believe that the 23-year-old has a deal in place with Real Madrid.

According to Spanish sports daily, Sport, Dortmund are resigned to the fact that they will lose the gifted playmaker and while they are holding tight to their €30 million asking price, the fact that Gündoğan may have a pre-contract deal with Real Madrid may force them to lower it to €25 million.

Real Madrid, on the other hand, still hold the rights to Nuri Sahin, who is currently on loan with Dortmund and will look to make a permanent transfer for €7 million, thus acquiring Gündoğan for a paltry €18 million.

Real Madrid are also believed to be wanting a swift resolution in order to ward off big-name clubs such as Arsenal and Manchester United as both have reportedly shown interest in the World Cup bound star.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar

If there's some truth to it, LOL! They already have Khedira, Modric, Illarmendi and Alonso (I don't know about Casemiro) who can play defensive/deep - we have Busquets and a Song that is totally lost in that position. We already let one of the biggest talents go to Bayern, so we have no real cover for Xavi that is getting older - Iniesta and Cesc are both more AM. Samper is the only player coming through, but it will take at least another 2 seasons. So, sooner or later (preferably next summer) WE NEED a cm/dm and Gundagon's contract is running out + he has everything to be our CM/DM. Yet, there are no rumors linking us with him and we can just look on when Madrid is stacking midfielders.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
€18m for Gundogan, Real Madrid spend some ridiculous amounts on players, but this will be a true steal, along with players like Ozil and Varane.

Home of Barca Fans