İlkay Gündoğan

jamrock

If only "another" player would choose not to be a problem and leave too.

But I'll believe this when I see it, as far as I'm concerned their is no reliable sport "journalist" in Spain.

Birdy

BTW,
Gundo might not be in the long-term future of the club,
but with:
Pedri- injury prone
Olmo - injury prone
and only Fermin behind them,

the AM spot might look thin if both Pedri and Olmo happen to be out

JamDav1982

AM has Pedri, Olmo, Fermin, Raphinha played there at weekend, Gavi can play there and do a different job.

It is the most covered area of team.

Birdy

AM has Pedri, Olmo, Fermin, Raphinha played there at weekend, Gavi can play there and do a different job.

It is the most covered area of team.
Looks most covered when everyone is fit.
The point is that at least Pedri and Olmo might not be fit for long spells, and their absences can coincide

Gavi will never play there. He will play in the CM role Casado is currently playing

JamDav1982

Looks most covered when everyone is fit.
The point is that at least Pedri and Olmo might not be fit for long spells, and their absences can coincide

Gavi will never play there. He will play in the CM role Casado is currently playing

Aye but any position looks weak when have a couple injuries.

At best Gundo would be here for a season anyway most likely so it is only an argument for this season.

The biggest issue is 34 yr old Gundo behind 36 yr old Lewa.. too much.

Gavi played as AM coming through AML in season won league.. he would be an option there if required...But even then you are at 5/6th option so irrelvant eally as would not come to it.

Masetro10

Remember when they used to say years ago when we get rid of the huge salaries of Griezmann, Alba, Busi, Messi & Suarez we will be alright. Guess what, it has been 3 years and we are still struggling with FFP.
Our top 4 paid players make about as much as the rest of the team combined. That's why Gundo must go

Messi983

Ideal for us would be if he accepts going to Saudis and we can also get some fee (even if 5-10m that's helpful) I'm sure they would be ready to pay. Not that we would spend that money smart anyway. :lol:

If he wants to return to City I don't see them paying anything so will probably just let him go for free to offload his wages. But no swaps for Cancelo please.

JamDav1982

Ideal for us would be if he accepts going to Saudis and we can also get some fee (even if 5-10m that's helpful) I'm sure they would be ready to pay. Not that we would spend that money smart anyway. :lol:

If he wants to return to City I don't see them paying anything so will probably just let him go for free to offload his wages. But no swaps for Cancelo please.

Gundo if has anything about him should be at very least saying will go for free.. let alone asking for some of contract to leave.

Owes the club nothing at all.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Barca fans put their City Treble Tinted glasses on and fell in love with their shiny new Turkish toy. But those of us who remained detached, saw a player that regularly gave the ball away in dangerous areas, who provided little to no help in defending and who has a slow, fast aging, body type.

Getting his wages off the books will do wonders, but more valuable than that is the fact he won't take a place in the starting line up ahead of players that are clearly better than him. He's simply not worth a place in the team these days, especially in a position we are so stacked in. Pedri, Gavi, Fermin, Olmo, even Frenk, are all better. But if he stays, you know Flick will pick him.

Him playing over Bernal or Casado, stunts their growth as well.

Sell Sell Sell. What a Godsend of great news if the Special Olympics Sporting Department can get this over the line.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
I like Gundo. Showed more in a year where many players haven't for the whole time they are here.
He showed more leadership and chutzpah after our PSG defeat. Our club needs that mentality.

But if we are able to offload his wages to help us this season, I don't mind us letting him go.
We have an abundance of player in that position. Plus his age now makes him an impact player rather than a starter. The guy doesn't have the lungs to start day in day out.

With Olmo, Pedri, Fermin, Gavi and even Rafinha we are thoroughly covered.
Signing of Olmo made his minutes almost non existent.

Messi983

Gundo if has anything about him should be at very least saying will go for free.. let alone asking for some of contract to leave.

Owes the club nothing at all.

Sure, main priority is to offload his wages but if he accepts going to Al Nassr then think club should try to get some small fee as well.

If for no other reason just to show we don't just give away our players for nothing. Although whole world already knows we are.

El Ilusionista

Our top 4 paid players make about as much as the rest of the team combined. That's why Gundo must go

So why did we offer him such a contract in first instance, just 12 months ago? Just to get rid of him again so Olmo can be registered. Joke of a club. How do you buy a player when you can’t even register him? :lol:

Font was right Laporta management is a joke

Home of Barca Fans