İlkay Gündoğan

companyofcules

Buying Olmo makes no sense in keeping Gundogan, another Xavistas brain dead move.
Fermin is overhyped here and still somehow people are crying after Gundogan.
Make your choice. We have too many midfielders and Gundogan failed to be a game changer, so makes no sense keeping him.

JamDav1982

Deco proposed a swap deal between Gundogan and Rodri to Man City which was immediately rejected and now City are asking for the remaining of Ferran’s fee to be paid before August 31st otherwise they will take a legal action. Bad news for Barca.
@gerardromero

If that is true...how out of touch can they be

M3ls

Ilkay's transfer is not officially completed, but the likelihood of it remaining is extremely low, according to reliable sources.

So why is Gundogan leaving? Now the press writes that the problem is a difficult economic situation, but this is a lie. This is information given by management behind the scenes. Yes, this is a lie, but a lie for the benefit of the player’s image as well.

So why do they want Ilkay to leave?

I'll explain now.

See this message? Do you see the date of the message?

Screenshot_5.png

I wrote about this a month ago with complete confidence, when there was practically no news about his possible departure.

As you can see, Jamrock and others took my words as nonsense. Really, how can they give up Ilkay, who was considered by many to be the team's best player last season?

But I have said many times that I look at football differently. Sometimes I get angry when people disagree with me, but as time passes I calm down, since 97% of fans don’t understand football.

So, last season I saw serious problems in Gundogan’s game without the ball. Serious problems.

But most fans ignored them or considered them insignificant, focusing on the fact that Gundogan is our team's best player on the ball.

I did not speak loudly about these problems, since many fans here do not understand football at all. The only “argument” that I would hear in response would be “Haha, Ferran, Ferran, Ferran.”

But as you can see a month ago, when there was practically no news about his departure, I said with confidence:
They will sell Gundogan. 100%.

I see the problems in Gundogan's game last season and I know Flick's requirements, so I was confident in my statement.

There is no point in scolding Laporta and the management here. I told you the truth - this is the coach's wish. And this desire is justified.

ajnotkeith

Ilkay's transfer is not officially completed, but the likelihood of it remaining is extremely low, according to reliable sources.

So why is Gundogan leaving? Now the press writes that the problem is a difficult economic situation, but this is a lie. This is information given by management behind the scenes. Yes, this is a lie, but a lie for the benefit of the player’s image as well.

I'll explain now.

View attachment 10815

I wrote about this a month ago with complete confidence, when there was practically no news about his possible departure.

As you can see, Jamrock and others took my words as nonsense. Really, how can they give up Ilkay, who was considered by many to be the team's best player last season?

But I have said many times that I look at football differently. Sometimes I get angry when people disagree with me, but as time passes I calm down, since 97% of fans don’t understand football.

So, last season I saw serious problems in Gundogan’s game without the ball. Serious problems.

But most fans ignored them or considered them insignificant, focusing on the fact that Gundogan is our team's best player on the ball.

I did not speak loudly about these problems, since many fans here do not understand football at all. The only “argument” that I would hear in response would be “Haha, Ferran, Ferran, Ferran.”

But as you can see a month ago, when there was practically no news about his departure, I said with confidence:

I see the problems in Gundogan's game last season and I know Flick's requirements, so I was confident in my statement.

There is no point in scolding Laporta and the management here. I told you the truth - this is the coach's wish. And this desire is justified.
It's a mix of both. Gundogan is on a very high wage, if he was on a low wage the club would probably have no problems keeping him.

He also has off ball issues and can't run near as much as you would like your midfielders to despite still being class on the ball. He plays according to his age.

With both of those factors combined the club would like to sell him

1) to make a profit
2) to get his wages off the books
and 3) because he's declining and it isn't a huge downgrade to use our other midfielders

His physical problems are not the main reason we are selling him by any means. But it's perhaps a reason why we might choose to sell him quicker than we otherwise would.

jamrock

I'll explain now.

View attachment 10815

Coming with the receipts I LOVE It, lets see what will happen

M3ls

You ask me - if Gündogan is bad without the ball, how did he play in Pep's team for so many years?

The answer is very simple - the guy just lowered the demands on himself.

Don't compare Barcelona and Pep's Manchester City. If you start lowering your demands on yourself, not giving 100%, Pep will just put you on the bench. He's done it with other status players too. And he has people to replace you.

We have a different situation. Barcelona, a sunny city, you come here having won all the titles, you are 33 years old, the team is in crisis, you realise that even if you don't give 100% you will still play, because the coach simply has no one to replace you. Yes, if Xavi had been a more authoritative, experienced, radical coach, he would have done it like Guardiola did with Ronaldinho. But Xavi is a coach with little experience and not as radical as Pep.

It's simple.

JamDav1982

The club would be up for selling him even if Flick rated him.

The salary is just far too high for what get on pitch and he will be a year older and leaving on a free anyway.

M3ls

I won't argue. You may think that the problem is his salary or the profit that we can earn.

It's your right.

JamDav1982

The problem is his age/salary and fact he is 34 and slowing down.

In a team trying to carry that with 36 year old striker is a huge drain on FFP when can least afford it.

There is nothing to suggest he lowered standards or took foot off pedal as in 'sunny Barcelona' though.

Home of Barca Fans