İlkay Gündoğan

Co0ter

He was a bitch and a big shit without personnality.
Pedri came and was pressing all the game, and with the ball creating, associating him self not running like a dumb and asking for a hug like a stupid dog.
When you are a midfielder in barcelona you have to do this.
When he returns to sevilla he was the same dumb as barcelona.
Six years paying for this under 20 iq player from croatia, the worst ever midfielder i saw have under our shirt.
You seem to be missing the bigger picture, as in a team should have roles for certain players in their positions to make the team overall perform the best. Rakitic was asked to play a very specific role to get the best out of Messi and our RB, and he did it very well while pressing and working hard for 90 minutes. He was excellent the first season, very good the second too.

You fail to realize that and it's fine, no sense arguing with you.

Last edited:

M3ls

You seem to be missing the bigger picture, as in a team should have roles for certain players in their positions to make the team overall perform the best. Rakitic was asked to play a very specific role to get the best out of Messi and our RB, and he did it very well while pressing and working hard for 90 minutes. He was excellent the first season, very good the second too.

You fail to realize that and it's fine, no sense arguing with you.
Don't pay him any attention. This is the average fan watching football with a can of beer in his hands and understanding absolutely nothing about football.

TheStig

If he leaves, who will lead the midfield?, let's hope Olmo has that in him.

I don't get why some say Olmo will replace Gundo. Olmo can play only CAM and LW while Gundo covered all the positions in midfield from pivot to CAM which Olmo can't do.

We probably won't miss Gundo as CAM that much but he would be very valuable as one of the pivots since he's the only one who would be avaliable most of the time. With Gundo gone we only have Bernal and Casado until FDJ and Gavi return which is months from now. Maybe Pedri can get some minutes there but he should rotate with Fermin at CAM and he'll get injured anyway.

jamrock

I don't get why some say Olmo will replace Gundo. Olmo can play only CAM and LW while Gundo covered all the positions in midfield from pivot to CAM which Olmo can't do.

We probably won't miss Gundo as CAM that much but he would be very valuable as one of the pivots since he's the only one who would be avaliable most of the time. With Gundo gone we only have Bernal and Casado until FDJ and Gavi return which is months from now. Maybe Pedri can get some minutes there but he should rotate with Fermin at CAM and he'll get injured anyway.
I get you point, I meant more in the sense of experience and leadership.

Gundogan is more of a CM,which is why he can play so many roles, which is one of the reasons I wanted to keep him.

Co0ter

The more I've watched Pedri over the past few seasons, limited as it may be due to injuries, the more I've been convinced he shouldn't be anywhere near an AM role. He's just not a very progressive player with the ball and Gavi even less so. Relying on one of them to be the creator with a pivot behind them wouldn't be much of a threat at all. They both seem more suited for a 4-3-3. If we play with a pivot (Casado, Bernal, De Jong, AC) and AM (best suited for Olmo, Fermin or even Raphinha at the moment), I don't really see where Gavi or Pedri get utilized effectively. While playing them at LW can't be any worse than Torres, it's still far from ideal as neither of them are real goal threats.

It will be interesting to see what Flick does once/if they are all healthy.

TheStig

The more I've watched Pedri over the past few seasons, limited as it may be due to injuries, the more I've been convinced he shouldn't be anywhere near an AM role. He's just not a very progressive player with the ball and Gavi even less so. Relying on one of them to be the creator with a pivot behind them wouldn't be much of a threat at all. They both seem more suited for a 4-3-3. If we play with a pivot (Casado, Bernal, De Jong, AC) and AM (best suited for Olmo, Fermin or even Raphinha at the moment), I don't really see where Gavi or Pedri get utilized effectively. While playing them at LW can't be any worse than Torres, it's still far from ideal as neither of them are real goal threats.

It will be interesting to see what Flick does once/if they are all healthy.

True, neither Gavi nor Pedri have a defined role, especially in a 4-2-3-1. They are still young, even Xavi and Iniesta didn't have a defined role at their age and they ended up as the best CM of all time (not that I expect that from Gavi/Pedri). It's the same with FDJ so all of our midfield have the same problem except Olmo who is a 10 through and through but ironically he won't play there probably.

Gnidrologist

Yes, he will be more helpful for City than for us. It's a good decision. Also, he was obviously dissatisfied with our retarded club, so one more plus for him. As for us, we just can't play old players with the way we want to play, it goes both for Xavi and Flick. One slowpoke is already one too many. While i appreciated his great contribution to some of our creative affinity last season, he was terrible, when in transition, both sides. He's great at controlling calm game against Cadiz or PTSD Atletico, but not where he gens run over by athletic gun-ho teams. Will certainly not be missed in big games, if goes.

I'm much more pissed with like of Faye getting boot without even testing him for one season in secondary role, while the all the slowpoke error merchants, including ancient deadwood like Longlet can't even be terminated for good after like forever of non-participation here. Just like the Roque situation still seems dubious to me. Under the new system that seems to be more aggressive vertically and more real creative threats, he could easily have his xth goals a season and maybe become better, without needing to ship hip out with loss on books. He scored few p. neat goals last season in his shit minutes. Everybody shouting how he's definitely a bum without him ever even playing is most typical barcafan condition. Which is why they probably deserve this board. Both are fickle and impulsive, with no foresight. Enjoy half of team with complete garbage that will almost never play or make us suffer, while condoning stupid quick dopamine gratification transfers like Olmo or Lewa/Gundo before. At least Olmo ha a chance being young at his peak.

malvolio

Yes, he will be more helpful for City than for us. It's a good decision. Also, he was obviously dissatisfied with our retarded club, so one more plus for him. As for us, we just can't play old players with the way we want to play, it goes both for Xavi and Flick. One slowpoke is already one too many. While i appreciated his great contribution to some of our creative affinity last season, he was terrible, when in transition, both sides. He's great at controlling calm game against Cadiz or PTSD Atletico, but not where he gens run over by athletic gun-ho teams. Will certainly not be missed in big games, if goes.

I'm much more pissed with like of Faye getting boot without even testing him for one season in secondary role, while the all the slowpoke error merchants, including ancient deadwood like Longlet can't even be terminated for good after like forever of non-participation here. Just like the Roque situation still seems dubious to me. Under the new system that seems to be more aggressive vertically and more real creative threats, he could easily have his xth goals a season and maybe become better, without needing to ship hip out with loss on books. He scored few p. neat goals last season in his shit minutes. Everybody shouting how he's definitely a bum without him ever even playing is most typical barcafan condition. Which is why they probably deserve this board. Both are fickle and impulsive, with no foresight. Enjoy half of team with complete garbage that will almost never play or make us suffer, while condoning stupid quick dopamine gratification transfers like Olmo or Lewa/Gundo before. At least Olmo ha a chance being young at his peak.
What condition is that mate? Every player who's been a bum here has never went on to be successful elsewhere, at a comparable level of course.

You watch Roque on YouTube and don't think that's enough sample to tell you he's average at best? He's also been evaluated by our technical staff and deemed not good enough. Do you really think we can afford the luxury to ditch wonderkids without even playing them when we are broke?

Home of Barca Fans