İlkay Gündoğan

ajnotkeith

Multiple factors in him moving, like many things in life.

I think flick doesn't like/rate him, just going by the German national team.

He was a Xavi signing.

His wages.

Plus I think he doesn't like playing with all these kids, that are always injured, the experience hasn't been what he planned for.
I also think so. I think he expected us to be better and more competitive than we are and didn't expect he'd find himself in a rebuilding club that's clear 2nd best in Spain for the moment.

Also like you say he was sold the project by Xavi and now Xavi's gone.

Add to that the numerous complaints about teammates and even mentality of the dressing room and it does put together a picture this wasn't quite what he expected, I think he thought he was coming to the old Barca rather than the new one in development.

Raketa10

Thank you Gundo for a very good last season. I start to wonder why would anyone sane choose Barca nowadays with this horrible board and lying president?

ajnotkeith

Won treble, left, fleeced a broke club, further highlighted just how shite management is and is now likely to bag more money for privilege of rejoining previous side on a free

Dude's got balls, massive W

Love to see it
The real question is why tf were you arguing for 120 pages under a fake persona of a psychotic Scotsman?

If it was just for the love of the game I respect it :lol:

Porque

Reality is Xavi demanded alot of salary margin on players who marginally improved us. Inigo, Gundy and Romeu. Oh my.

And then he had the cheek to complain.

But to be fair, club should have listened to him on Vitor given the turn of events.

Then put the trust in Guiu and renew him before Boehly got a hard on.

Co0ter

La première saison seulement, et excellente c'est un grand mot pour qualifier sa saison.

Xavi ne courrait pas avant ?
Cocu ne courrait pas avant ?
Bakero ne courrait pas avant ?

Je vous dis un secret :
courir est la base pour un footballeur

Here we go again with cooter the defender of ivan the terribad.

Which fkn performance are you talking about?
If the game is to play forward because a player make the run in the open space created by an teamate and rakibitch have the ball, what the hell he give the ball to the center back or right back ? When he can play fast.
If we can counter attack for the same reason wtf rakibitch play back ?
You think the coach will applause him ?
You think its because messi didnt digest well the asado and he's late ?
THIS IS GAME SENSE.

I talked about his capacity with the ball :

For creating : key passes, through passes,long passes.

Associating himself : triangle, one-two...

dribbling : 1vsx, body feint before recieving the ball.

I talked about he's capacity without the ball.

Scan before receiving the ball.
(he never do that, thats show how he was bad)

Impact in duals.

Pressing.

Help in defense (you remember Semedo playing alone vs 2 or 3 bavarians ? 6 goals came from this side during the 2-8)

His capacity to win some seconds balls or loosed balls.

In all of this, except long ball and shoots he was terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrible.
The worst EVER midfielder in saw in fc barcelona in
T H I R T Y Y E A R S.

You have alot to learn buddy.
Like I said earlier, you simply don't understand roles in a team. We won the CL that first year and Rakitic played a vital part in it. Not going to waste anymore time on you, bud.

The way you write and express yourself tells me everything I need to know about your IQ.

M3ls

Good decision.

He was good on the ball, but did not provide the necessary mobility and aggressiveness without the ball. And this is what Flick football requires.

Pedri - if he doesn't improve his fitnesss - during games he looks like he was unloading trains the day before the match - will be the next victim.

TheStig

He was good on the ball, but did not provide the necessary mobility and aggressiveness without the ball. And this is what Flick football requires.

Good thing that Lewa fullfils those demends that Flick football requires. Good on the ball, mobility, agressivness without the ball. Lewa checks all the boxes so it's logical he'll play every second.

malvolio

I also think so. I think he expected us to be better and more competitive than we are and didn't expect he'd find himself in a rebuilding club that's clear 2nd best in Spain for the moment.

Also like you say he was sold the project by Xavi and now Xavi's gone.

Add to that the numerous complaints about teammates and even mentality of the dressing room and it does put together a picture this wasn't quite what he expected, I think he thought he was coming to the old Barca rather than the new one in development.
He didn't expect anything. Some in here are always coming up with scenarios.

We were playing Europa League before him joining. The guy is not an imbecile. He was basically near his retirement and found a huge club to pay his vacation for a year. Now he goes back to get another bonus at City and most probably some coaching job of sorts. Surely beats going straight to Saudi Arabia.

You lot have went off the rails with mentality shite, like City are some born winners. It all comes down to money and players/manager you have. Get City's team in Barca, with Pep at the helm and you see what happens. Talk about mentality but we starting a retard like Ferran Torres.

ajnotkeith

He didn't expect anything. Some in here are always coming up with scenarios.

We were playing Europa League before him joining. The guy is not an imbecile. He was basically near his retirement and found a huge club to pay his vacation for a year. Now he goes back to get another bonus at City and most probably some coaching job of sorts. Surely beats going straight to Saudi Arabia.

You lot have went off the rails with mentality shite, like City are some born winners. It all comes down to money and players/manager you have. Get City's team in Barca, with Pep at the helm and you see what happens. Talk about mentality but we starting a retard like Ferran Torres.
Just contradicting yourself as you go really.

Malvolio :

- Gundogan is a washed bum near retirement
- City also have lots of money and best managed team in the world with the best squad

And yet they had Gundogan as a key player in a treble winning side not too long ago. Whilst having the best resources and manager by far in the world as you mention yourself.

The logic doesn't logic I'm afraid.

Reactions: BJJ

malvolio

Just contradicting yourself as you go really.

Malvolio :

- Gundogan is a washed bum near retirement
- City also have lots of money and best managed team in the world with the best squad

And yet they had Gundogan as a key player in a treble winning side not too long ago. Whilst having the best resources and manager by far in the world as you mention yourself.

The logic doesn't logic I'm afraid.
Yeah, they're getting him for bit part role, most probably coaching role also.

Gundogan is near retirement, he isn't the player from two years ago. And there's a big difference from being a cog in a well oiled machine and coming to a struggling team to lift them up. Gundogan was never this outstanding player. Tidy player in his prime, but not someone you build the team around. Yaya, Silva, KDB, Rodri were all more important for City.

fergus90

Yeah, they're getting him for bit part role, most probably coaching role also.

Gundogan is near retirement, he isn't the player from two years ago. And there's a big difference from being a cog in a well oiled machine and coming to a struggling team to lift them up. Gundogan was never this outstanding player. Tidy player in his prime, but not someone you build the team around. Yaya, Silva, KDB, Rodri were all more important for City.
A lot of City’s success was also down to Gundogan to be fair.

He scored some vital goals for them in the run in.

khaled_a_d

Reality is Xavi demanded alot of salary margin on players who marginally improved us. Inigo, Gundy and Romeu. Oh my.

And then he had the cheek to complain.

But to be fair, club should have listened to him on Vitor given the turn of events.

Then put the trust in Guiu and renew him before Boehly got a hard on.

Xavi 100% approved Roque move, by his own words.
Bringing him early is what Xavi disapproved, but that after he encouraged the board to sign Roque a year earlier.
Guiu is even worse, and was arguably the worst player in Chelsea in his debut.

Reactions: BJJ

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Embarrassing saga comes to an end

I had coveted this player for Barca when at Dortmund but his back issues suggested he might never fully recover yet more than a decade later he is every bit a world class player & leader

Neither player nor club got the best of this one year trial but in a parallel world he thrived when coming here vs City

Home of Barca Fans