İlkay Gündoğan

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
His wages of the books. Would have been better if we could have gotten atleast 10m transfer fee. It is what it is.

He did a fine job, but because of his age he has limitations.

Would have rather let araujo go though. Fucking bitchass mentality, bringing down the whole fucking dressing room. I hope flick changes this culture in the club. Bunch of fucking pussies. I hope this first part of season open the fansand the boards eyes that we don't need pussieass Araujo

Andresito

Staff member
If anybody missed it he also retired from German NT. Maybe it was a demand from Pep seeing as how many minutes he played last year.

Loki

In hindsight, if Gündogan's leaving shows anything, then that Flick isn't as spineless as some fans assess him to be. Gündogan was a Xavi transfer, he wanted him above anything else and under Xavi he played every game. Now Flick comes around the corner and when rumours about Olmo started to appear, many fans including myself critized Deco and Flick for taking away Fermin's playing time for someone, who is not needed.
But the situation is now that Gündogan is leaving and Deco is working to extend Fermin's contract. Turned out it wasn't about Fermin, but Flick wasn't that enthusiastic to keep Gündogan.
And if you think about it, it only logical. Flick demands a strong physical performance, to press non stop. You can't do that with a 36 year old Lewandowski and a 34 year old Gündogan behind him. Our pressing would have had more holes than a swiss cheese. Gündogan is still a class player, but in combination with Lewandowski it wouldn't have worked out for Flick.
Flick confirmed there was a talk between them and I think in this talk Flick told him he isn't an undisputed starter anymore like he was under Xavi. Especially, because in Flick's system there is only one OM spot and not two. Olmo, Pedri, Gavi, Fermin. All young players more capable to perform better in Flick's pressing as well as their salary is way lower than that of Gündo.
And I think Gündogan is too proud to sit on the bench for some kids as former captain of City, so he asked to leave as a consequence and the club has nothing against it, as it helps with their salary limit.

If it happened like that and it sounds very logical to me now, it's the best for all sides. A professional assessment of the general situation without unnecessary feelings. Xavi wanted to get rid of Lewy, Flick didn't count on Gündogan. Every coach has his preferences and Deco listened to Flick in this matter.

malvolio

In hindsight, if Gündogan's leaving shows anything, then that Flick isn't as spineless as some fans assess him to be. Gündogan was a Xavi transfer, he wanted him above anything else and under Xavi he played every game. Now Flick comes around the corner and when rumours about Olmo started to appear, many fans including myself critized Deco and Flick for taking away Fermin's playing time for someone, who is not needed.
But the situation is now that Gündogan is leaving and Deco is working to extend Fermin's contract. Turned out it wasn't about Fermin, but Flick wasn't that enthusiastic to keep Gündogan.
And if you think about it, it only logical. Flick demands a strong physical performance, to press non stop. You can't do that with a 36 year old Lewandowski and a 34 year old Gündogan behind him. Our pressing would have had more holes than a swiss cheese. Gündogan is still a class player, but in combination with Lewandowski it wouldn't have worked out for Flick.
Flick confirmed there was a talk between them and I think in this talk Flick told him he isn't an undisputed starter anymore like he was under Xavi. Especially, because in Flick's system there is only one OM spot and not two. Olmo, Pedri, Gavi, Fermin. All young players more capable to perform better in Flick's pressing as well as their salary is way lower than that of Gündo.
And I think Gündogan is too proud to sit on the bench for some kids as former captain of City, so he asked to leave as a consequence and the club has nothing against it, as it helps with their salary limit.

If it happened like that and it sounds very logical to me now, it's the best for all sides. A professional assessment of the general situation without unnecessary feelings. Xavi wanted to get rid of Lewy, Flick didn't count on Gündogan. Every coach has his preferences and Deco listened to Flick in this matter.
Mate, it doesn't tell us anything. Could be just as well Laporta telling him there is no money to pay a retiring kebab and we are overloaded on that position anyway with Olmo coming in. Gundogan is done anyway, that was evident at the Euros.

Flick is a begger that should thank his lucky stars he got this job. No way he has the pedigree to stand up to the board.

El Gato

Villarato!
Won treble, left, fleeced a broke club, further highlighted just how shite management is and is now likely to bag more money for privilege of rejoining previous side on a free

Dude's got balls, massive W

Love to see it

Reactions: BJJ

jamrock

Multiple factors in him moving, like many things in life.

I think flick doesn't like/rate him, just going by the German national team.

He was a Xavi signing.

His wages.

Plus I think he doesn't like playing with all these kids, that are always injured, the experience hasn't been what he planned for.

TheStig

He's gone. A professional that this club doesn't deserve. Hope he speaks in media about everything that was going on.

I don't know who will want to come to this horrible club in the future after all the shit we do to our players.

Home of Barca Fans