İlkay Gündoğan

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
IMO, we should take a chance on Gundogan. It's a bit of a gamble, but look at it this way. If it doesn't work out, we lose a bit of money. Probably something in the 20-25m region. Shouldn't be a huge deal. If it does work out, we have arguably the best midfielder in the world in that age bracket and one of the best "xavi replacements" out there.

I agree. We have Rakitic and Rafinha who can cover until Ilkay comes back.

I agree. We have Rakitic and Rafinha who can cover until Ilkay comes back.

I think buying him now would be perfect if Xavi stays. We'll have Xavi, with Rakitic and Rafinha to cover until he gets back. If all goes well and Gundogan's able to get back to his old level, it shouldn't be a problem if Xavi wants to leave at the end of next season.

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I think buying him now would be perfect if Xavi stays. We'll have Xavi, with Rakitic and Rafinha to cover until he gets back. If all goes well and Gundogan's able to get back to his old level, it shouldn't be a huge problem if Xavi wants to leave at the end of next season.

That's true. And it puts less pressure on Ilkay himself to rush back to fitness.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
10476297_686550998059065_5386684484595316549_n.jpg

10561745_694018747312290_2381089815607903932_n.jpg

He doesn't look fat anymore either.

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
The weight is going to fly off. Won't be a problem seeing as getting into shape is exactly what he is doing lol.
Come back man :wub:. I feel as if people have forgotten he was one of the top mid fielders before his string of injuries.
Not saying on this forum or anything. Just in general.

SeloBarca

Watch him go to PSG, then well come knocking to buy him for a price 10 times higher then what we could get him for now XD

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Watch him go to PSG, then well come knocking to buy him for a price 10 times higher then what we could get him for now XD

Sorry but what? These PSG and OMG Zubi jokes are lame. It's perfectly understandable why the club is unwilling to put money into Gundogan because we don't know if he'll ever be the same player again. I hope he will be the same, but there is still that chance that he won't reach his previous levels. If we bought and injured Gundogan and he turned out to be a flop, half the forum would say "OMG ZUBI WHY YOU WASTE MONIES!"

SeloBarca

It has happened before. Its a Barcelona thing more then Zubi thing. Although, apart from ter Stegen, Zubi havent brought that great transfers. I rather take a chance on players that wont cost much and has great potential rather then wasting way to much money on prestige buys like Marquinhos.

Last edited:

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
It has happened before. Its a Barcelona thing more then Zubi thing. Although, apart from ter Stegen, Zubi havent brought that great transfers. I rather take a chance on players that wont cost much and has great potential rather then wasting way to much money on prestige buys like Marquinhos.

So Rakitic, Matheiu and Suarez are chicken shit then?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I have a feeling that they passed on Kroos since they are waiting on this guy to replace Xavi and are banking on getting him next summer if he regains his form and gets back to his old level.

Bertus

I have a feeling that they passed on Kroos since they are waiting on this guy to replace Xavi and are banking on getting him next summer if he regains his form and gets back to his old level.

That's lot of if since we don't know if Barcelona will be hit by a transfer ban.

If it happens, Barca might miss many good deals next summer.

Home of Barca Fans