İlkay Gündoğan

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Unsure whether he'll ever be the player he used to be again but if we can get him for 15m or less, I'd do it. If it succeeds, it could turn out a great deal and a massive bargain, if not, we'll lose about 10m, given that we sold players at a loss of dozens of millions only a short time after we bought them, though, I think it is worth the risk.

That said, don't expect him to move this summer. His contract renewal wasn't only an extension, it was a commitment to Dortmund.

20M tops because of his injuries, I agree. We'll have to wait until august and what the reports/doctors say - but I would try if I was Barca, wonderful player!

R

Ryu Hayabusa

No, his contract extension war certainly NOT a commitment to Dortmund.
Twas merely to allow him to recover (while getting paid) and get back to his highest level of performance eventually, so that he will attract more clubs and higher offers (for himself as well as the club) one year before the end of the contract.

Alarcón

It was a commitment for another year. Not long-term of course or he would have renewed for more than 1 year.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
No club wanted to take the risk of signing him so he just renewed for a year so he could get back to full fitness and start play again so that clubs would be willing to buy him next summer like Ryu said....

H

Haruko The Goon

BpnAVL6CcAAJWQh.jpg

FACKINELLLLLLLLLL LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THAT LMAOOOOOO CAREER OVER FFS FATTIES NEVER RECOVER, RONALDO, MICHAEL JOHNSON, ADRIANO, RONALDINHO, ETC THEY ALL CRUMBLE, ONCE YOU GO FAT YOU NEVER GO BACK. He wont reach elite levels again.

H

Haruko The Goon

He doesn't have to exercise to stay slim. Just stay at calorie maintenance levels.

Paganinisrvnge

Wait...you guys are serious? He looks like he gained maybe 15lbs at most. That would be lost in like 2 months of training. When I saw "Damn, looks like he's done" I was expecting to see some article about how he'll never play again because of the back injury but a few lbs weight gain? :lol:

AfricanBavarian

People do realize his back injury made him unable to do ANY type of exercise. Its not like when a player suffers leg injuries where they can still do upper body workouts back injuries are the worst.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
People do realize his back injury made him unable to do ANY type of exercise. Its not like when a player suffers leg injuries where they can still do upper body workouts back injuries are the worst.

Yeah that's what I thought. It sucks for him though. Hope he bounces back.

Home of Barca Fans