İlkay Gündoğan

CatalinR10

BpnAVL6CcAAJWQh.jpg

wee-bey-gif.gif

Der Kaiser

He was probably eating normally but without all the training which caused him to gain fat.
He once said that he couldnt even jog for months... back injuries cripple you so much. He'll lose those kilos once he's back in training.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
He was probably eating normally but without all the training which caused him to gain fat.
He once said that he couldnt even jog for months... back injuries cripple you so much. He'll lose those kilos once he's back in training.

Especially when Klopp is the trainer

I

instinct

Apparently he will be able to play in 3 months. He underwent a surgery last week

Paganinisrvnge

He can lose that weight in two months and it's not like he's HUGE. Fixing his back is what's important., anybody can lose a few lbs quickly. I had a friend that played sports in high school that always let himself get fat in the summer but within two months of sports training in the fall, he'd be very fit again.

Xavinho

Apparently he will be able to play in 3 months. He underwent a surgery last week

I remember last season reading reports about him being ready by a certain time, and then that time would come and go and he still wouldn't be fit. We'll just have to wait and see.

I

instinct

I remember last season reading reports about him being ready by a certain time, and then that time would come and go and he still wouldn't be fit. We'll just have to wait and see.

True but I somewhere read that the doctors avoided a surgery which made prediciting a certain date impossible. Now, after the surgery, the doctors are able to do so. Don't know if true though. Just hope he'll be able to play at his best again

Irish_Cules

With Koke renewing I reckon our best option is leaving the midfield as it is and put confidence in Rakitic and Rafinha. If Gundogan is able to get over his back troubles and plays well next season then go for him next summer.

IMO, we should take a chance on Gundogan. It's a bit of a gamble, but look at it this way. If it doesn't work out, we lose a bit of money. Probably something in the 20-25m region. Shouldn't be a huge deal. If it does work out, we have arguably the best midfielder in the world in that age bracket and one of the best "xavi replacements" out there. For a bargain price at that.

If we wait until next summer, we could be hit with the transfer ban. Not to mention that if he recovers, his price will be way higher than what it is now.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans