İlkay Gündoğan

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
VictoriousRequiredHamster.gif

BerkeleyBernie

Such a smart move. Most mids would try to play the immediate 1-2 through back to Ramos, at which point it is 2 attackers versus the 4 defenders, and Ramos gets double-teamed. Holding the ball up, disguising the angle of attack, and losing his marker, he now has a 4v4 situation. Class.

SeloBarca

Like i said, it might have been good to take a risk and try and get him when noone wanted him, instead of him beeing bought by a big club while we have the transfer ban.
He has even said himself he wants to come here.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Like i said, it might have been good to take a risk and try and get him when noone wanted him, instead of him beeing bought by a big club while we have the transfer ban.
He has even said himself he wants to come here.

When did he say that?

zanela

When did he say that?

Yeh, I don't think he said that. It was more like how the ppl around him thought he was suited for Barca's style of play.

His build (albeit a li'l taller), the way he moves and turns with ball is Xavi-esque. Now if only he starts doing a full pelopina, the transformation will be complete. :xavi: (or may be he already has, and I've missed it.)

If he can attain a sustained level of fitness, I'd prefer him to Koke, but this board seem fixated with the latter. We'll spend a bomb on him, no doubt. Atléti, on their part, will get a truck load of cash, and replace him with the very talented Oli.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Yeh, I don't think he said that. It was more like how the ppl around him thought he was suited for Barca's style of play.

His build (albeit a li'l taller), the way he moves and turns with ball is Xavi-esque. Now if only he starts doing a full pelopina, the transformation will be complete. :xavi: (or may be he already has, and I've missed it.)

If he can attain a sustained level of fitness, I'd prefer him to Koke, but this board seem fixated with the latter. We'll spend a bomb on him, no doubt. Atléti, on their part, will get a truck load of cash, and replace him with the very talented Oli.

Koke is younger and doesn't have the injury concerns Gundogan has. It seems strange because we've been watching Koke for a while, but Koke is still 22 years old only, 2 years younger than Gundogan.

If Gundogan can stay healthy and go back to his best within the next year or so, I'd agree he'd be the perfect fit for Barcelona, but Koke is still an outstanding talent. I certainly would not mind one or the other, both even.

khaled_a_d

Koke is younger and doesn't have the injury concerns Gundogan has. It seems strange because we've been watching Koke for a while, but Koke is still 22 years old only, 2 years younger than Gundogan.

If Gundogan can stay healthy and go back to his best within the next year or so, I'd agree he'd be the perfect fit for Barcelona, but Koke is still an outstanding talent. I certainly would not mind one or the other, both even.

Gundogan is less than 15 months older than Koke ,that is close to one year than 2 which is pretty slim difference ,I would bve happy to get one of them even though I am nit sure it will ever happen
Gundogan injuries is still concern ,and I think if Koke leaves Atletico (he has no reason to leave them for now) it is probably gonna be for EPL team

DinhoR10

Also gundogan fits our style more, although with the ban, we'll probably end up relying on samper and i guess only if he doesnt work out we'll look at gundogan.

Home of Barca Fans