İlkay Gündoğan

Jombi

My head is shaking in disgust, if this is true.

But I can see it happening, why go to Spain or England when you could join a prestigious club like Bayern in your own country?

However, I don't see why Bayern needs him or how Guardiola is going to use him, since Bayern doesn't really have a CAM under Guardiola's system.

Gundogan isnt an attacking midfielder.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Renato Goncalves saying he signed with barca, while Rafael Hernández ‏saying he signed with bayern.

[tw]601598382096912384[/tw]

[tw]604316083978305538[/tw]

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Gundogan isnt an attacking midfielder.

He is a CAM by training. Bender and Kehl were the proper CDMs, even though occasionally Gundogan has played that role but he rarely excelled there, in my opinion.

Plus, at Bayern he won't be the CDM either as that role would be taken by Schweinsteiger/Alonso/Lahm/Martinez.

Jombi

He is a CAM by training. Bender and Kehl were the proper CDMs, even though occasionally Gundogan has played that role but he rarely excelled there, in my opinion.

Plus, at Bayern he won't be the CDM either as that role would be taken by Schweinsteiger/Alonso/Lahm/Martinez.

But Gundogan is a DM and CM. He's like Verratti or Xavi or Pirlo.

Icarium

Lifestealer

Shweinsteiger might go to united. Alonso is quite old and lahm is getting old. Martinez is being played at CB right?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
:lol: Yeah probably some other guy a week later will say gundogan to united is a done deal.

The Express report Manchester United have won the race to sign Borussia Dortmund midfielder Ilkay Gundogan. Arsenal were also interested in his services, but a £20million deal has reportedly been done with the Old Trafford outfit.

:D

barca1899

And one day later:

Dortmund confirmed last month that Gundogan, 24, will be sold this summer, prompting speculation that he was heading for Old Trafford after the German Cup final against Wolfsburg this weekend.
But senior United sources insist he is not on their radar.

Arsenal have also been linked with the £20million-rated player.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Shweinsteiger might go to united. Alonso is quite old and lahm is getting old. Martinez is being played at CB right?

Schweinsteiger will never be sold, unless he explicitly asks to leave. Lahm still has a lot of gas in him and he is not going back to his RB position any time soon, I think. Martinez will probably go back to being a CDM since they have got plenty of CBs (Dante, Boateng, Benatia, not to mention Badstuber).

Icarium

Lifestealer
Schweinsteiger will never be sold, unless he explicitly asks to leave. Lahm still has a lot of gas in him and he is not going back to his RB position any time soon, I think. Martinez will probably go back to being a CDM since they have got plenty of CBs (Dante, Boateng, Benatia, not to mention Badstuber).

He might want to leave. United want a midfielder bad, and they will offer him huge wages. Anyway i was exaggerating, although it would be a mistake to think that current bayern midfield is faultless. They are old or injury prone but adding gundogan is not a solution (he might never return to his top level).

Home of Barca Fans