İlkay Gündoğan

Jombi

We have played many games with Rakitic and Xavi together this season though. Its not like Rakitic can only play one position.

Co0ter

Rakitic and Xavi was our weaker midfield, more often than not we struggled with that midfield. We always looked much better with Iniesta and Raki.

Jombi

Rakitic and Xavi was our weaker midfield, more often than not we struggled with that midfield. We always looked much better with Iniesta and Raki.

Did we really struggle so much when Xavi played? I thought he had a good season. Iniesta's season was more worrying IMO.

Co0ter

Iniesta's form was definitely off but his workrate and effort was always professional and top notch. I'm not saying Xavi wasn't professional, but honestly just really doesn't have the legs and almost offers nothing defensively anymore. We were more vulnerable on counters and while he can still move around the ball well, his vertical or chance creating passes were few and far between. If we are winning and looking to put the game to bed, sure. However as a starting line up to break the bus, no.

Neither of them are dribblers or going to take on players...which is a main reason I don't think a Rakitic/Gundogan duo will work great either.

raki

I hope this Bayern thing is false but with the ban is difficult to get players to wait when you have other top teams around them...We must strenghten our miedfield.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Whats the problem? they can just get him back whenever he performs well anyway, it will be good for him to develop at Dortmund.

You mean with a buy-back clause? Don't think BVB will be interested in further grooming a player only to be bought back by Bayern.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Could be that I'm missing something, but the most recent bit on Gündogan by Bild didn't say anything about a done deal, just that "Gündogan can be bought for about 25 millions. Bayern have supposedly offered him a 3-year contract and about 8 million in wages". The Højbjerg bit comes from a Sportbild article from a few days ago, saying that "Sportbild know that negotiations have already taken place. Bayern ask about 8 million for their top talent, BVB at least 20 for Gündogan".

No doubt that Bayern are in for him, something which the Sammer interview yesterday suggested as well, but I haven't seen the German press being as concrete as the twitter rumours suggest. Most articles mention Man Utd and Barcelona as well.

Last edited:

raskolnikov

You mean with a buy-back clause? Don't think BVB will be interested in further grooming a player only to be bought back by Bayern.

No just a small fee, all Dortmund players have 1 wish in common, join mighty Bayern. Fans would applaud it as well, tears of pride and joy when another of their players goes to Munich. Happy to have contributed to Bundesliga decay.

Home of Barca Fans