İlkay Gündoğan

Yannik

Neither Thiago, nor Gündogan is overrated.
About Gündogan, I'm not sure how a player that is continuesly spamming through balls and lob passes over the defence like no other CM i currently know, could be labelled a bad passer overall, while some extreme sidepassers that slow the match pace down and only do the occasional long passes, get labelled as Maestro's or Strategists. Im sure football would be a lot faster and exciting with the former type of players.

Alarcón

When Thiago played for Bayern, at least 3 out of 4 matches were good if not even great.

I know, I also think Thiago is great, but if anything, people tend to overlook his weaknesses because of his playing style, whereas Gündogan usually doesn't get the credit he deserves.

Barcilliant

So Gundogan is back in fashion???

I think he is a very good player but how many midfielders do we need?

This will lead to a Pep like situation where we had so many midfielders and only 3 spots.

Turan will be available in January and Busquets & even Iniesta (to a certain extent)are automatic starters.

So if we did get Gundogan in Jan we would have Rakitic, Turan and Gundogan competing for one spot.

Its not rocket science that players like to play and NEED to play if they are to be at their best.

The best thing to do is see how our midfield fares after January and then make a decision. Yes, another club might snap him up but we cant sign every good player available.

Or we sell one of Rakitic or Turan which begs the question why did Lucho want them in the first place?

F

Flavia

This will lead to a Pep like situation where we had so many midfielders and only 3 spots.

Turan will be available in January and Busquets & even Iniesta (to a certain extent)are automatic starters.

So if we did get Gundogan in Jan we would have Rakitic, Turan and Gundogan competing for one spot.

Its not rocket science that players like to play and NEED to play if they are to be at their best.

The best thing to do is see how our midfield fares after January and then make a decision. Yes, another club might snap him up but we cant sign every good player available.

Or we sell one of Rakitic or Turan which begs the question why did Lucho want them in the first place?

Our midfield depth is thin, and I don't think Turan alone will solve that. Iniesta has been very inconsistent the past 2 seasons, also injuries.

Yannik

Came in and we instantly got the upperhand over a strong poland.
Everyone praises Götze who has been the most dispossessed player on the pitch apart from his 2 goals, but this guy turned the game upside down.

Jombi

He has started the season well, but its far too early to tell yet whether he is back or if he'll peter out.

Ritchie

Iniesta is ageing and needs rotating heavily to keep him fresh for the big games. Rakitic also needs rotating in a 60 game season.

Even with Arda I think we need another midfielder in the summer (unless there's real trust in Rafinha). I'd go all out for Pogba as we need younger players as well. Gundogan maybe as a plan B.

Home of Barca Fans