İlkay Gündoğan

Amir1983

I remember during the Arda saga their were rumors Lucho had him on his short list as a replacement for Xavi But he instead went with Arda.Makes me wonder if Lucho was skeptical of Gundogan's form at the time and decided not to sign him in the end. Now that He's Picking up form again and playing Very well I wonder if we will go for him again next summer? I would love for us to do it.

I thought the story was that he was demanding too much salary money. Apart from us Man Utd and Bayern were also linked with him, he ended up resigning with Dortmund.

silvia

I thought the story was that he was demanding too much salary money. Apart from us Man Utd and Bayern were also linked with him, he ended up resigning with Dortmund.

apparently Pep didn't want him and man utd was suspcious about his injury i think?
Didn't he have a medical in barca before? there were rumours.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
This has worked out well for us. Madrid already have their midfield stacked and we are favourites to get Gundogan or Pogba next summer. We'd beat pretty much everyone for their signature. Unless Gundogan decides to stay in Germany and join bayern, but I don't think they like his salary demands.

DrPepper

Nah man, that's Lucas Lima

He's been throwing rather random names for months really.

Allan from Udinese, Lucas Lima, Giannelli Imbula, Nabil Fekir, Fontas (lel), Joel Veltman to name a few I can remember.

To top it off, he suggested that Imbula was a superior player to Gündogan:

A guy like Giannelli Imbula from Marseilles would probably cost less than that and is much, much better and younger too.

... and that the limit for Ilkay should be 15m.

15m should be the limit.

I we cant get Gungogan for 15m, then we should go for Allan from Udinese IMO.

Instead we should go for Allan for whom he'd gladly pay ~35M.

I think Kovacic and Allan from Udinese could be good solutions for us, if we can get them both for say 70-75m.

Not sure what I think of this really. :coffee:

ceefoo

This has worked out well for us. Madrid already have their midfield stacked and we are favourites to get Gundogan or Pogba next summer. We'd beat pretty much everyone for their signature. Unless Gundogan decides to stay in Germany and join bayern, but I don't think they like his salary demands.
:thinking: His contract expires in 2017.

El Flaco

I remember during the Arda saga their were rumors Lucho had him on his short list as a replacement for Xavi But he instead went with Arda.Makes me wonder if Lucho was skeptical of Gundogan's form at the time and decided not to sign him in the end. Now that He's Picking up form again and playing Very well I wonder if we will go for him again next summer? I would love for us to do it.

I think it's too late for sign Gundogan in the next summer.

And besides, he's isn't exactly a Barca-material after just a one good season...

Home of Barca Fans