İlkay Gündoğan

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
You're right but then again, it was two years ago since he reached at that level...

He looks to be back on that level, like he's completely rejuvenated. There's no sensible reason why we shouldn't go for him really.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
You're right but then again, it was two years ago since he reached at that level...

Then that back injury happened and last season he was showing glimpses, but hard to do well consistently after being out for so long. This year, he is back. A full season like this and whoever gets him(or if he stays at BVB) will be lucky to have such a great player.

Jombi

He's been throwing rather random names for months really.

Allan from Udinese, Lucas Lima, Giannelli Imbula, Nabil Fekir, Fontas (lel), Joel Veltman to name a few I can remember.

To top it off, he suggested that Imbula was a superior player to Gündogan:

... and that the limit for Ilkay should be 15m.

Instead we should go for Allan for whom he'd gladly pay ~35M.

Not sure what I think of this really. :coffee:

What do you disagree with? Its ok to disagree, man. Not everyone has to like all the same players, that's a bit boring. :) If you dont know about these players, thats fine as well. :)

You're making fun of Imbula? He was fantastic last season. But in the end, Porto bought him, sadly. A bargain. That's a club which knows how to operate in the transfer market. He's not "random". He is great.

Gundogan was rubbish after his comeback and demanded an outrageous wage. 15m+outrageous wage would have meant close to 80m euros for a potential cripple. Everyone has been taken by surprise by his strong start to this season, let's wait and see how he performs first though!

Last edited:

Jombi

Gundogan before his injury was my favourite midfielder in the world. He was incredible!

Things change fast though. He went from lazy, overweight bum we should stay clear from to new Xavi just over the summer break. I dont mind him but we have to wait and see how he performs in the remaining 98% of the games this season though.

DonAK

Things change fast though. He went from lazy, overweight bum we should stay clear from to new Xavi just over the summer break. I dont mind him but we have to wait and see how he performs in the remaining 98% of the games this season though.

Yes because having a serious back problem which kept him away from physical activity means he's a lazy, overweight bum when he's most of his career been a superfit, top-class midfielder who works hard in both ends.

And yeah,

10x the player Lucas Lima is btw.

He was highly rated and performed at a very high level before that back injury so he didn't turn into a great player overnight.

DrPepper

What do you disagree with? Its ok to disagree, man. Not everyone has to like all the same players, that's a bit boring. :) If you dont know about these players, thats fine as well. :)

You're making fun of Imbula? He was fantastic last season. But in the end, Porto bought him, sadly. A bargain. That's a club which knows how to operate in the transfer market. He's not "random". He is great.

Gundogan was rubbish after his comeback and demanded an outrageous wage. 15m+outrageous wage would have meant close to 80m euros for a potential cripple. Everyone has been taken by surprise by his strong start to this season, let's wait and see how he performs first though!

I'm not mocking your players, I rather found your presentations of them strange. I felt you were getting overly excited from those players and the way you quickly changed from player to player I thought you were just going for flavor of the months. First you were raving about Imbula, then a few weeks later you suggested we should sign Allan and then Lucas Lima.

I'm not really surprised with how Gündogan has performed so far tbh. The way Tuchel reinvigorated Dortmund suggests to me that BVB's shortcomings last season were mainly because of Klopp's inability to modify his tactics rather than the players underperforming. Hummels, Gündogan, Mkhitaryan, Schmelzer, Reus... everyone has been brilliant so far.

He was never lazy though! The only time it slightly looked like that was in the first weeks after his return, when he wasn't 100% commited to his challenges and tacklings. To me, it was simply a matter of avoiding a repeat of his injury and gaining his match confidence back. Once he settled he wasn't really a standout performer but not exactly garbage either.

Overweight you could say, but not that much. People just saw that one picture where he looked like he gained 50 pounds which was taken in the earlier stage of his injury where he couldn't do any kind of physical activity. Hummels was overweight as well yet I've only seen this argument in discussions regarding Gündogan.

One major injury doesn't make him a cripple either. I actually don't remember him being injured for longer periods other than that. Better than having someone like Thiago who you never would be sure of whether he'll be fit for an upcoming match.

Gundogan before his injury was my favourite midfielder in the world. He was incredible!

He was the best!

xXKonan

Gundogan was always a great option to have. Pre injury he was very good and would fit this system we have like a glove. It's great to see him playing very well again and I hope we can get him in the summer of 2016!

I always felt for awhile now Gundogan's post Injury form had a lot to do with Klopp's system not working anymore now that Tuchel has joined he managed to get Gundogan and the rest of the players Rejuvenated and performing great. (I agree with DrPepper Above).

Also that one picture that made it look like He gained weight reminds me when the Media was constantly posting Bad pictures of Suarez that made it seem like he was overweight not to long ago. :lol:

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!

I'm pretty sure he denied those rumours.

DonAK

No, he wanted 9m which was reported in Germany and those are 9m gross since all wages in Germany are reported before tax.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
No, he wanted 9m which was reported in Germany and those are 9m gross since all wages in Germany are reported before tax.

I was wrong. He denied the transfer rumours, not the wage demands. Well, after having read his Facebook post again, it's obvious that he'll leave next summer. We better get him.

BenRobbins

He signed a contract extension but only 2 years until 2017 i believe so he will still be relatively cheap next summer.

25-30 million for Gundogan is ridiculously cheap.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He signed a contract extension but only 2 years until 2017 i believe so he will still be relatively cheap next summer.

25-30 million for Gundogan is ridiculously cheap.

He won't be sold for that cheap. Me thinks 40-45m at least, given today's market prices.

BenRobbins

He won't be sold for that cheap. Me thinks 40-45m at least, given today's market prices.

Yeah thats what he should be going for but weren't the prices being thrown around this summer something like £15-20 million for him or something? He will still only have a year left on his contract next summer and both parties (player and club) know the score. He wants to leave but no clubs would take a gamble on him.

Home of Barca Fans