Ivan Rakitić

kilian

yeah?I am more than real bro.I have set my standards to 1/100th of iniesta's prime.Rakitic is doing what xavi is doing right now.passing the ball with no real penetration.He was good in the start but now he is utterly mediocre and hardly looks like a threat.

Yes, hardly a threat. That`s why he scored a goal.

You just think you are real, but you`re not. He had a few bad games, but is starting to play better and had a good game against Sevilla.

And to say that Rakitic`s current game is mediocre to a standard of 1/100th of iniesta`s prime is not even exaggerating, it is pure trolling.

Alarcón

People complained about him in the chat but I thought he did well for what was required of him, he offered a lot of assistance in attack and was always in the right position

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Yup he did well. His short return passes were not sharp though, either short or too heavy. That's correctable. But he gave linkup and participated in the flow.

But IMO Rakitic brings a lot to the team. He's not Xavi, he's not Iniesta, but he can bring a Keita level of contribution to this team and that is extremely valuable. Do not blame him for the team's failure to bring another CM.

Kerrybai

Yup he did well. His short return passes were not sharp though, either short or too heavy. That's correctable. But he gave linkup and participated in the flow.

But IMO Rakitic brings a lot to the team. He's not Xavi, he's not Iniesta, but he can bring a Keita level of contribution to this team and that is extremely valuable. Do not blame him for the team's failure to bring another CM.

Yeah this is his biggest weakness. His touch and short passes can be sloppy, its odd as his longer passing tends to be very good.

Good game though.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Yeah this is his biggest weakness. His touch and short passes can be sloppy, its odd as his longer passing tends to be very good.

Good game though.

A year of Barca rondos and his short passing will improve. Mascherano's technical ability was terrible when he joined Barca. Now he is by far a much much improved technical player.

Raki will add technique and touch to his skills with time on this team.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
As saif before, he needs to work on his one-touch passes, sometimes he took an extra touch that slowed down the play or got dispossessed... Other than that he was alright...

Andrew M

He is better than Keita easily

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
His passing was a bit off today but apart from that Rakitic is a very important player for us. His movement is very good and he makes himself available almost all the time, his role in our "counter pressing" (immediate pressing after we lose the ball) is a big one and with his energy and good positioning he is always there to win the ball back. Ivan also is a goal scoring threat and provides dangerous set pieces.
Not to forget the games where he needs to cover Dani.

I like how he helps the team and I am pretty sure that he will improve his technique and short passing skills. That will get only better with every week he spends at our club.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
He is better than Keita easily

I wasn't directly comparing him with Keita talent-wise, I said he can bring Keita level contribution to the team. A master utility midfielder, with great work rate and outstanding versatility. Keita was a favorite of Pep's because he could play and be effective all over the midfield. Rakitic can do this, and likely more.

Empty

Rakitic is fantastic, he has height, more physicality [than Xavi/Iniesta], long-range shooting threat, and far more work rate. And as highlighted above, he has a high level of technical proficiency over Keita.

kostasgtc

I wasn't directly comparing him with Keita talent-wise, I said he can bring Keita level contribution to the team. A master utility midfielder, with great work rate and outstanding versatility. Keita was a favorite of Pep's because he could play and be effective all over the midfield. Rakitic can do this, and likely more.
+1.
he can be an improved keita(more technical),whose absence those years was significand for the team imo.

anguy

+1.
he can be an improved keita(more technical),whose absence those years was significand for the team imo.

No it wasn't. Fabregas was far better 3d midfielder, than Keita ever dreamt to be. Barcelona had problems because of aging Xavi and Alves, not because of Keita's absence.

Home of Barca Fans