Ivan Rakitić

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Kroos is lazy as well. It was a problem with him at Bayern too.

I think that is a misconception though. I remember reading stats from his last season with Bayern that in terms of distance covered he was in the top 2 pretty consistently.

I think the complaint/concern many people (I was one of them) had a while ago was his lack of defensive abilities/attributes, but he seemed to have improved in that regard, in my opinion.

G

Gasgas

I think that is a misconception though. I remember reading stats from his last season with Bayern that in terms of distance covered he was in the top 2 pretty consistently.

I think the complaint/concern many people (I was one of them) had a while ago was his lack of defensive abilities/attributes, but he seemed to have improved in that regard, in my opinion.
People mmmmmmistake laccccck of speed and. Lazinnnnnness......
He also had deccccennnnt defennnnnsivvvve. Stats last seasonnn

CuleLife4Life

From what I've seen Kroos is still one of the better players, of a team that looks very bad besides Isco and Benzema, but he has definitely not been what we saw with Modric. Modric was the one who did most of the defensive work when they were paired up.

He has been shackled to the DM position and that forces him to actually defend and thats were he'll look a bit lost when he should be defending but once Modric comes back, the partnership allows him to be a bit more free since Luka is the better defender.

Zinedinho

Rakitic will never have the first touch of Kroos, but he is benefiting from the more direct style of play that Luis Enrique is implementing. I preferred Kroos, but on the other hand Rakitic (and Rafinha) is brining a much needed work rate to a team that lacked intensity in the last seasons.

Barça and Madrid were like night and day three years ago in terms of style. This has changed a lot and now they are much more alike. Both have changed.

Kohe321

He's becoming a master of his role. Calm, composed, efficient. He's improved his technical flaws as well. Even if he isn't perfect under pressure he knows how to anticipate things better to disguise those flaws and position himself where he doesn't get stuck or into trouble. I hope he's enjoying himself at Barca because I'd be happy to have him here for a long time. Love his attitude.

Well said! While he was an awesome midfielder when he joined in the summer, he has improved so many facets of his game (the one-touch linkup, the positioning and anticipation as you say) in just half a season. That's very quick improvement, and shows great talent. And he has that perfect attitude that you mention as well. I really like Rakitic. Wouldn't trade him for Kroos at all.

Siberia

His one touch passes has improved so much! He shouldve had an assist!

[VINE]https://vine.co/v/OxugwMH3w2i[/VINE]

L

linetty

Rakitic: "There are 23-24 players in the squad and we all want to play. You don't notice the changes, and we really enjoyed ourselves."

Keep laughing at Lucho's rotations!!

Home of Barca Fans