Ivan Rakitić

Zangash

Banned
Him together with Thiago would have been some awesome midfield. But who knows maybe Rafinha might eventually show the potential everyone has been raving about all those years.

Not sure where you've been the last month or two, but Rafinha is showing his potential. Has been among our best players in the games he's played lately.

anguy

Not sure where you've been the last month or two, but Rafinha is showing his potential. Has been among our best players in the games he's played lately.

Yes, but he's AM. When he played against Villareal he did great in the offense, but he and Iniesta leaft huge amount of space uncovered behind them for Villareal to exploit. He would ba an ideal backup for Messi, but CM in this system? He'd have to improve and change many aspects of his game to suceed.

anguy

He is what Keite used to be! A calming influence who is physical and passes smoothly.

Rakitic has many qualities, but he is not calming influence (more box to box player in high tempo games, than someone who controls the midfield) and passing is his biggest liability. :)

kilian

Rakitic has many qualities, but he is not calming influence (more box to box player in high tempo games, than someone who controls the midfield) and passing is his biggest liability. :)

You are wrong. Passing is definitely one of his strengths, it`s just that he still doesn`t have the confidence to show that. Barcelona is his first top class club and he needs some time to adapt to being in the spotlight non-stop. I know you`ll say that he is here for almost 8 months, but players are human too. Everyone adapts differently. Some footballers need more time. The standards that Xavi and Iniesta set for Barcelona midfield are enormous and filling their shoes is a very ungrateful task. The fans expect him to be another Xavi or Iniesta, but a few midfielders IN HISTORY can compare to those two.

FC B

Him together with Thiago would have been some awesome midfield. But who knows maybe Rafinha might eventually show the potential everyone has been raving about all those years.

Thiago is way too injury prone as to have been considered as a pylon of midfield. Maybe Rafinha case is different.

I

instinct

Found this nice gif on twitter (@coffingould)

His long balls are amazing.

[video]http://gfycat.com/MassiveIdealDwarfrabbit#?format=gif[/video]

serghei

He's doing fine atm. I'm pleased with him, even if I don't see him world class or anything. He doesn't need to be a game winner for us though, we have others who can do that. Having a good workrate, and not caving in under pressure is what he needs to be focusing on. Lately, he's managed to do both those things well.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans