Ivan Rakitić

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Fuck off with that injury prone twat Reus. He will never achieve Neymar's level.
First off, being injury prone doesn't make one a twat... And there's never a guarantee that Netymar, God forbid, won't turn into one either!

Icarium

Lifestealer
I wouldn't replace Neymar with Reus even if he is not injury prone. Neymar not only is a great player but he is also one of the most marketable players.

serghei

I kind of like this version of Rakitic because you can tell his confidence is growing. He's a quality player that is suitable for the kind of system where there is a distinct offensive phase and a defensive one. We don't defend with the whole team anymore, like we did during Pep's time. Neymar, Suarez and Messi stay up most of the time, rarely come back to form some sort of defensive unity with the rest of the team (maybe we will see them give more in the top games in this aspect of the game), so we really need players that could do very well with limited time on the ball.

Mido

I'll start it off by saying I think he's an incredible player, but for another system / in a different position. Not for us. Genuinely believe that the Croatian is the biggest reason our midfield is so below standards this season, bigger than Iniesta being completely off form or Lucho experimenting with the width of our CMs at the start. He's the cause for why in nearly every big game we find ourselves: relying on counterattacks, losing the midfield battle, holding most of our possession towards the wings / less midfield based style, have Messi dropping so deep. Brilliant legs & workrate, incredible shot (overrated trait in midfielders imo, but that's a discussion for another day), great long passing & crossing. Not too much else. His short passing, speed of thought, first touch, dribbling, spacial awareness, decision making in tight spaces - all below the level a Barça midfielder should possess. Rafinha is better on the ball than he is. I watch every game and the only ones where he's truly impressed me were recent ones, against City and then Granada, who both provided tons of space in the center of the pitch. I don't think he's a long term fix or replacement for Xavi and I don't think he was a bargain or great signing, even at 18M (?).

By the way, this isn't me complaining. I'm extremely happy with the team's overall performance as of late, despite us steering away from our midfield a bit :[ Just sharing my thoughts on him because his performances have been completely overrated by tons of people, mainly other Barça supporters. Along with Alves (though he's been lots better recently), our weakest link. Certainly the weakest when we're in possession, especially now that Alves crosses less / stays more central / has Messi to constantly & almost telepathically link up with. Wondering if anyone agrees or I'm alone on this?

Also, I'm new to this forum. Might not have gotten off to the best of starts :3

+ 10000000000000 , Rakitic was, to me, the perfect rotation player, in order to let Xavi/Iniesta recover properly. I can't see Rakitic keeping up with Real and Bayern and I hope I am wrong...

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I wouldn't replace Neymar with Reus even if he is not injury prone. Neymar not only is a great player but he is also one of the most marketable players.
I wouldn't either... Neyboy is more marketable and looks like he's starting to gell with his team mates. To go on and replace him now would be foolish.

Just that I have huge respect for Reus and didn't like the tone there :p

Kohe321

+ 10000000000000 , Rakitic was, to me, the perfect rotation player, in order to let Xavi/Iniesta recover properly. I can't see Rakitic keeping up with Real and Bayern and I hope I am wrong...

But Xavi and Iniesta can? Excuse me if I sound rude, but did you watch our last encounter with Bayern, or the el clasico we lost 3-1 in October last year?

I'm rubbing my eyes here, this looks like a post straight out of 2010/2011 to me... Is this real life?

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
But Xavi and Iniesta can? Excuse me if I sound rude, but did you watch our last encounter with Bayern, or the el clasico we lost 3-1 in October last year?

I'm rubbing my eyes here, this looks like a post straight out of 2010/2011 to me... Is this real life?

You're not the only one.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Mido is to the Xavi-Iniesta duo what Bernie is to Pedro ^^

Always same message, again, and again, we lost against bayern, we lost against madrid, we lost in anoeta, ALL of them amongst the very few games they both started lately..

Apparently we lost the clasico when Rakitic entered at 2-1 .. lol

Last edited:

Darko

Pefrect time for Rakitic to shine against City and Real because we will need the dominance in midfield.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Mido is to the Xavi-Iniesta duo what Bernie is to Pedro ^^

Always same message, again, and again, we lost against bayern, we lost against madrid, we lost in anoeta, ALL of them amongst the very few games they both started lately..

Apparently we lost the clasico when Rakitic entered at 2-1 .. lol

So true. :lol:

Icarium

Lifestealer
I wouldn't either... Neyboy is more marketable and looks like he's starting to gell with his team mates. To go on and replace him now would be foolish.

Just that I have huge respect for Reus and didn't like the tone there :p

Yeah man... I am not saying against you either. :cheers:

Barcelonista

Would love a midfield of Rakitic and Arda Turan. Two real fighters on the pitch.Perfect duo to complement the MSN. I mean... It is just my opinion

Home of Barca Fans