Ivan Rakitić

Stric

I agree. Our starting midfield is set for another year or two. Rafinha can handle playing more minutes. But I'm afraid a total of three players for two positions is a bit thin. Kovacic would be perfect, as he wouldn't cost much, and wouldn't be expected to play most minutes. If we get a big name player, it would be shooting ourselves in the foot. We'd have nowhere to accomodate him. Besides, Pogba is ridiculously overpriced and IMHO overrated.

Mexcelona

how is a 21 year old overrated?
his price is high because of the ceiling he has
he is a finalist and an important part of this juve who almost won the treble if it weren't for us.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
How was Kroos the best player of the World Cup? Neuer, Muller and Hummels were better than him in their own team IMO.

Seriously, while Kroos ability is unquestionable, I feel he has been overrated quite a lot. People make it out to be like he's gonna replicate Xavi or even Pirlo just because he can play some beautiful long passes and score some good long rangers. He's World Class, but not as great as people make him out to be and certainly not Germany's best player in the WC. He was maybe their best vs Brazil, but not in the entire WC.

KyletheMuslim

Guardiolista
Robben and James. IMO, Messi as well.

James only made it to the quarterfinal. James may have been the more productive player with 6 goals and 2 assists but Kroos bossed every single one of Germany's games. His playmaking was exceptional
Robben had a good world cup but better than Kroos ? Kroos was the top player according to the castrol performance index. Messi had a great world cup but I still feel Kroos was the best player overall

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Kroos is a world class player and played a sensational world cup too. I would have loved to have him at Barca.
But no reason to discuss that tbh. We have Rakitic and can all be glad about that.

Jombi

i think even if we buy pogba that is the plan.
not really because iniesta deserves it or not but we're transfer banned doubt his position is in any risk till the summer of 2016
and a little competition for the midfield wouldn't hurt anyone.

Yeah, and even if some super player arrives in January, it really isnt a major problem for Raki and Iniesta as Raki is constantly rested by Lucho and Iniesta will be 32 next season so will be rested quite a bit as well.

KyletheMuslim

Guardiolista
How was Kroos the best player of the World Cup? Neuer, Muller and Hummels were better than him in their own team IMO.

Seriously, while Kroos ability is unquestionable, I feel he has been overrated quite a lot. People make it out to be like he's gonna replicate Xavi or even Pirlo just because he can play some beautiful long passes and score some good long rangers. He's World Class, but not as great as people make him out to be and certainly not Germany's best player in the WC. He was maybe their best vs Brazil, but not in the entire WC.

Kroos played every minute for Germany and didn't put a foot wrong the entire tournament minus his howler in the final which Higuain should have punished

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Kroos played every minute for Germany and didn't put a foot wrong the entire tournament minus his howler in the final which Higuain should have punished

Like I said he is a WC player, but I don't agree with him being Germany's best. IMO, Neuer, Muller and Hummels certainly were better than him. Also don't think he's the reincarnation of Xavi and Pirlo as some people these days say.

Btw, I hope my post didn't come accross as aggressive lol. Didn't mean to. :lol:

Jombi

And I think Rakitic is easily as good as Kroos. But Kroos is younger of course, although I doubt he'll really get any better.

We do lack some depth in midfield and attack though.

Injuries on MSN and Ini-Raki is disastrous for us.

Jombi

how is a 21 year old overrated?
his price is high because of the ceiling he has
he is a finalist and an important part of this juve who almost won the treble if it weren't for us.

Its a bit ridiculous though. We signed a similarly talented player in Yaya Toure for 8m euros. Now, 8 years later, 100m euros prices are thrown around.

Mexcelona

true but honestly 80-100m for a player like pogba wouldn't be terrible.
midfielders do not (generally) peak until they are 28-30..
this kid is amazing and has another 6 or so years of improvements.

we have done dumber transfers in the past.. but this one doesn't look too bad in the long run. becides we aren't short on money.. the transfer ban overall has saved us some money lol

Jombi

I see your point, and I think he is a good player, and has shown far more than Kovacic, but I think Kovacic would fit us better and probably cost like 20% of Pogba, lol.

Home of Barca Fans